
"Painting is just another way of keeping a diary"
(Pablo Picasso)
And if I were to read anything into this painting it would be something like...LOVE!
I'm sitting taking deep breaths only because I was so scared to do this. I've been trying to get myself to do what I want to do for years, but all the fear, rejection, absent self-love, 'what would others think'...were much stronger than it does not care...it's just about creating.
We moved countries 6 months ago - different weather, culture, people, living conditions, work conditions...everything change...and I have realised that I do not adapt well to change. (even though I would love to live a few months in every country on our planet...just for the experience!)
Then yesterday I realised that in 6 months 2007 will be history and I was asking myself the question 'what did I/we accomplish this year?' A very easy answer...we moved countries. But for me that was not the answer I was looking for me, eventhough that would have been enough for others...And today some of the thoughts in my head was....I've done my first painting! I don't worry what others think of me, my paintings, my work, my being...as long as I know in my heart that I have given my best...and I have made a difference in someone else's day...I realised today that I'm content with being by myself, and it is ok not to talk to your friends every single day (that is why I started this blog...in search of friends...)I've also realised that it' ok to have time for yourself, to discover what makes you tick/happy/fabulous/alive!
I love where I'm now. I love spending so much time with my hubbie. I just luvvvv sitting at my gorgeous desk (full of butterflies/flowers/ladybugs), writing! I love writing! I love playing around with words...and I love painting. I don't think I would ever become a 'painter/artist'...etc...but I've realised that everyone of us are an artist in our own way. We only have to be true to ourselves...LOVE ourselves (big one!) and do things that inspire us to be the best 'me' you can be.
Getting back to my first painting...the sentence dancing around in my head...is...love is all around...
What sentence will be dancing in your head after you have done something you wanted to do for soooo long?
3 comments:
Amen to that. Letting ourselves be creative requires letting go of fear. With so much change for you this year maybe you've learned that you can face the scary and survive. Good for you!
What a beautiful painting! The vibrancy, everything about it indeed says LOVE... just as your post before with the beautiful horse leading itself to your magic...
:-)
(((HUGS))),
Love,
Me
You hit the nail on the head with everything that you said here...and I am so glad that you created (and it is wonderful) because you are right, everyone is indeed an artist in their own way.
And you...you sprinkle magic. :-) It reaches us all over the world and I believe that is an "art" in and of itself.
xoxoxo
Post a Comment