Sunday, 20 January 2008

101 things in 1001 days...


I was going to post my Mondo Beyondo list, but was lured to the 101 things in 1001 days.

Find out more about the 101 Things in 1001 Days challenge.


I am starting tomorrow...but have started already with some of it...
(my projects in progress are in italics...I will show & tell when one is completed).


Starting 21st January 2008, miraculously completed on 17th October 2010

1. Go somewhere where it requires a passport
2. witness a miracle
3. go to church
4. Meditate
5. ‘don’t just sit there…start to pray”
6. go on a road trip with no predetermined destination
7. sleep under the stars
8. leave my city once a month, leave my country once every 3 months
9. dance in the rain
10. go on a cooking course with M3 (maybe in Italy?!)
11. bake cupcakes
12. read a classic novel (Kris’s favorite)
13. Lie on the grass and look for pictures in the clouds
14. Take a last minute city break with M3
15. Have a food fight!
16. Take a hot-air balloon ride over the Masai
17. Have a white Christmas
18. Surprise someone
19. Skyjump
20. have a fun bet…(Dogs!)
21. Visit Machu Picchu
22. Have a romantic few days with M3 in Ireland
23. become a mentor
24. give an abandoned animal a permanent home
25. write a charity into my will
26. build a tree house
27. try archery
28. take part in a cycle route with other people
29. make our house more ‘homely’ with plants
30. create my own website
31. learn how to do a collage and post it
32. send 20 ‘surprises’ through the post
33. surprise my neighbours
34. have a ‘south african’ night where M3 & I cook traditionally for our neighbours
35. surprise M3 for 35 days leading up to his birthday…with a big surprise on the 36th!
(his birthday is 2nd September)
36. make a collage for each of my friends
37. go for a walk in nature every day
38. start taking photographs of people…(brave!)
39. stand on top of a hill or mountain and shout at the top of my voice…
40. bake rusks
41. participate in a moonlit drum circle
42. hang a windchime in someone’s tree (surprise)
43. make a flier of my day
44. take a family picture (everybody must be there)
45. grow a garden in an unexpected spot
46. take a picture of strangers holding hands
47. collage my life story
48. play with dolphins
49. learn to play guitar
50. have a picnic under the stars
51. walk up Lionhead (SA) with full moon and drink champagne at the top
52. become an organ donor
53. pay for the next car at the toll booth
54. do something scandalous
55. spend one month without television
56. make a religious pilgrimage
57. take a natural mud bath
58. have a soaking-wet water pistol fight
59. swim in the Icelandic hot springs
60. learn to sew better
61. Interview friends and family with a videocamera
62. Include myself with nr. 61
63. Participate in the self portrait challenge
64. Memorize 3 beautiful poems
65. Bake home made bread
66. Go skinny dipping
67. Bottle my own preserves
68. Teach someone to read
69. Build a birdhouse
70. Ride on an elephant
71. Keep a journal made from collages in different textures
72. Inspire someone
73. Mosh
74. Ride a camel through the desert
75. Go line-dancing
76. Dance…like no-one is watching
77. Write my memoirs
78. Write my name in wet cement
79. Send a message in a bottle
80. Make a photo album for someone
81. Sleep on sun-dried sheets
82. Start 3 new traditions
83. Attend an art opening
84. Take 2 midnight walks every month with M3 for 3 months
85. Challenge myself with my photography
86. Learn how to use photoshop properly
87. Light candles everywhere outside…put on a beautiful dress and dance the night away on the porch with M3
88. Send a dozen postcards for no particular reasons
89. See the Loch ness monster
90. Travel Scotland
91. Take silly photos in a photo booth
92. Start a pillow fight
93. Skip rope…for fun!
94. Float in the dead sea
95. Walk a marathon with a disabled entrant
96. Compile a cookbook for personal and family use
97. Spend a night in a lighthouse
98. Cuddle Sundays afternoons on the couch with M3 for 3 months

99. See if acupuncture works for me
100. Take part in a rain dance
101. Grow a garden of wild flowers
102. Leave something for the mailman
103. Write all I remember of my family history for the next generation
104. Cross the international date line and get to yesterday
105. Cook dinner in the fireplace
106. Take a jello-bath
107. Wear flowers in my hair

11 comments:

Joan said...

What a beautiful, beautiful list!

I want so desperately to do this... but I honestly feel that the time just isn't right.
I have so many things going on, and so much to do towards my ONE BIG GOAL this year :)

But Linni?
So many of these on your list just took my breath away.
Oh, and how I'd love to be able to share one or two with you!

I love you so much..
xoxoox

daisies said...

what a wonderful list, i hope you find many of these checked off as your day dances forward ... :)

PixieDust said...

Absolutely wonderful, and absolutely YOU! These are so special, and I can't wait to see you check them off your list! YAY!

Ooooh, and I LOVE that mirror compact...

;-)

Happy Monday, Beautiful you...

(((HUGS))),
Love,
me

Marilyn said...

Oh, Linni, this is one of the most AWESOMELY FABULOUS 101 lists I've ever seen! #16? WOW. :) I've been reading 101 lists for years and have never done one...but the last few I've read have really inspired me. Still, it's so SCARY! (I have a real fear of goals/commitments.) :) Still thinking...but you've GREATLY inspired me! Much love.

P.S. I haven't told you this...but we have something besides our birthdays in common...when I was born, my maternal grandmother didn't like my name, so for the first few years of my life, she referred to me only as Lynnie. It's still my favorite name for myself. ;)

enchantedartist said...

Eye....yie...yie...that is one impressive list!
You soooo inspired me! I've started working one for me. Did your ideas just spill out or did you find it a challenge? I'm finding it pretty hard...but so fun!

Love to you!
xoxo

caroline : my pocket said...

:D Wow! I love number 87. Light candles everywhere outside…put on a beautiful dress and dance the night away on the porch with M3 - I want to do that too, what a lovely one. :) So many wonderful things on your list, I'd love to do some of them together! Love and hugs to you, xoxo

bella said...

What a list.
It is vibrant and shimmers with the life that I can hear calling you, reaching out.
Here is to all you are becoming, moving into, embracing.

Anonymous said...

Wow...if you only got one quarter of them done! How lovely... I love them all...

Maithri said...

Linni,

Or should I say the girl with flowers in her hair ;)

This is an inspiring and beautiful 'to do' list.

I love them all... water pistol fight, walking a marathon with a disabled entrant, riding an elephant...

Heres to living the life of your dreams,

Love and peace, Maithri

Anonymous said...

i love your list. it is beautiful. xoxo nita

Leah said...

woohoo! your list is awesome!