Wednesday, 30 January 2008

10 things you didn't know...

I love the sea...and sunsets....it is as if my soul comes to rest...and the waves murmering in my heart that I am loved...just the way I am...I prefer to be the photographer...instead of the object...but I'm working on that...when I need to escape...you can always find me on the beach!

I was the very good and obedient little girl and always tried to pleased everybody around me. The only rebellious act I ever did was when I was 17. M3 and I just broke up and I phoned my parents to tell them...my dad said he is happy to hear that I took the initiative to step out of relationship which had no future...when I put the phone down, I phoned M3 and asked him to go out with me...to spite my parents...we've been together for 16 years...married for 8! xx

I love to do messy art! Here I am with Morgan, my godchild and sister's little boy, after his first painting experience. We rolled out a canvas outside on the ground, placed the paint around him and just let him 'experience' paint. It was magical and messy! Just the way I love it!

I love flowers! Any flowers! The simpler the more special. My favorite flower is 'sweet pea'...because of its softness....lovely sweet fragrance...the softness of the sweet pea...and the gentle touch I receive when watching them....you will always found fresh flowers in my house.

I love fairy lights...I took this photo on the 31st of December 2007...missing my family and wanting to cheer them up...my brother replied: "as your brother I have to be truthful and speak my mind. this photo resembles somebody who is disturbed. You usually see these kind of photos in films and on the tv...not expecting it from your sister. Are you ok? " Like I said...I love fairy lights...and cheering up is my middle name!

I believe in magic...in magical moments surrendering themselves to you..if you are open to them...i believe in kindred souls...in truths...in passion for life...I believe in miracles...and butterfly kisses...in words and innocent acts that touches your heart...I believe in love.


I'm not a morning person. We don't have a regular sleeping pattern. We go to be late....(just imagine all the reading and writing you can do between 10 and 12!)...if we don't have to go to work...we sleep until we wake up...(no little feet running around in the house!). Late at night we get 'goofy' and do silly things just for the fun of it...this photo however is the best of the goofy ones...don't want to 'expose' us too much :-)

I realised a dream of 10 years...and open my own nursery school. I love hippo's...and was thinking of the little happy ones...and named my school Happy Hippo's...we do messy things with our kids. This photo was taken after our summer sensory festival...which goes as follows:

1. everybody (every child (aged from 6 months to 7 years), their mommies, daddies, uncles, aunts, grandparents, siblings...teachers, assistants...EVERYBODY)...dress casual..no shoes.

2. station 1: we try to burst water balloons throwing them on the ground

3. station 2: we balance raw eggs on a spoon from point a to point b...then throw them on the ground, and jump or walk over the shells...

4. station 3: "jump" very carefully into a bath full of jellie....while teacher Carmen throw jellie on your head...smear it on your arms...your back....your legs...in your hair....

5. station 4: 'dive' through a bath full of cooked spaggetti....while teacher Linni smear the spaggetti on their arms...legs...over their heads....everywhere....

6. station 5: roll through flour...while teacher Tania help you to get covered in flour everywhere...have to make sure your hair is full of it as well...just for fun!

7. after everyone had a turn....teacher Lin try to get all the family dirty as well...and urges the kids on to throw their mommy with jellie! or Spaggetti! or flour...just for a laugh!

8. teacher Lin and teacher carmen sits down so that the children can do exactly the same to them!

9. station 6: we give every child a bath! (this is the hardest part!)

10. everybody takes their afternoon nap...and sleeps like babies!
I wear a size 9 shoe....it's been a struggle to get shoes...not even mentioning beautiful, feminine shoes. I tend to go for sneakers...or open ended shoes...but not anymore. I want to wear beautiful shoes...with style! and look feminine as I am a women!
And something extra..which is/was a big part of my life...I have a speech problem. I could not talk for most of my life....I could not even say my name...never answered the phone...refuse to talk...because of the stutter...the words would just stop in my throat....I never expressed myself verbally...when I'm in a very stressed situation (like interviews)...I cannot talk. Point blank. Full stop. (and just moving countries...not easy!) but I've mastered it to the sense that I tell myself it does not matter how i look...it's not important what other people think of me...as long as I can say what I feel..and they listen. And if they don't listen...tell them to just wait a minute...I can go on and on and on about this topic. It's under control...and you would not say that I have a speech problem...but it is there. It is part of me.
It's quite funny...when I went for the interviews last year, I would practise with M3 over and over and over what i would say, and then one evening he just asked me: "why don't you want to accept that you have a speech problem?" That was my aha moment...my whole (yes whole) life I just wanted to be able to talk without problems...and my whole life I would tell myself you don't have a problem..just get over it....I started writing this in the past tense...and changed it...because my speechproblem will always be part of me...if it comes up...(and I have the need to impress people! rolling my eyes!) I'll embrace it with open arms...the difference now is that it does not rule my life...I am me. This is part of me. And it's ok.
This problem does not define who I am.
So there you go...speech problem.
mine.
part of me.
No pity...just triumph and celebrations for where I am today! xx

16 comments:

PixieDust said...

What bold inspiring words!!! I love all these truths about you - the beach, the art (isn't that a GREAT picture of YOU!), and your speech... all a part of what makes you who you are - and we all know that you are GORGEOUS - inside and out!

:-D

(((HUGS))),
Love,
Me

Kirsten Michelle said...

10 more reasons to love the ever-lovely you ;-)
i especially love the fairy lights!
smooches to you.
xoxoxoxo

caroline : my pocket said...

:D I love all your photos - you're absolutely beaming. That beach one is wonderful, I adore that horse and the little shoes :). You are amazing, where did you come from? Beautiful, beautiful you, can't wait to meet you! xoxo!

leonie.wise said...

i am a beach-lover too. i grew up at the beach and it is the place i always return to. i absolutely love the photo of you with fairy lights! it made me smile.

Joan said...

Beautiful, beautiful, you.

How incredible that you have embraced the unique speech issue.

Maybe it is just God's way of having people listen a little more closely as you speak...

after all, your words are always like an unexpected gift... a treasure to this world.

I love and embrace every bit of you!!
But you already know this :)

Have a beautiful day beautiful girl.
xoxox

daisies said...

eeeeeeeeee ... i wish you lived closer, you could be my shoe swap friend, i bet we even wear the same size clothes ~ everyone i know has teeny tiny feet, not like my snowshoes as my grandpa used to call them ;-)

and heh heh ... check out this crazy photo of me: http://www.flickr.com/photos/daisies/319351092/in/set-72157594317305375/

tee hee ...

thanks for sharing all these beautiful bits of you, xox

Maithri said...

You're Wonderful!

I love them all...each one..

most especially the happy hippo games - oh lord i want to do it now!! ;)

and the pic of the horse... i love horses... not too good at riding em but love them all the same...

Sending you my love my friend,

M

gem said...

*you, are magic! thank you for being.
xoxo,
gem

Maithri said...

Have something for you at my blog my friend,

much love, M

meghan said...

Beautiful!!! What a joyful post. Sigh. You've inspired me. I may take a big leap and get back to this again!!

Thank you!!!

P.S. I have size UK nine feet, too!! I live my life hoping that I will find a shop that sells pretty, sexy shoes for BIG FEET! If you find one, let me know!!

madelyn said...

I just adore that photo of the
horse ~ i LOVE it!!!

and i wear a size 9
(well 8.5) too:)

and well...i heart the beach and
you are just a lovely sweetie:)

Anonymous said...

You are too stinkin' cute. And wise. And fun! What a joy-full post you made. I love the photos and your nursery school sounds like a place for very lucky children! Bravo!

I received a big smile from stopping here today... thank you!

enchantedartist said...

I love this post!! I love your playful...beautiful...joyous spirit shouting out here!

xx

terri said...

beautiful linni. it can be so difficult to share ourselves this way, but i'm glad you decided to do this. i love that you are embracing every part of you with kind acceptance. you're wonderful.

DeLi said...

all the pictures here are so poignant. and teh way you put words with them...fits so well...just wonderful

Marilyn said...

Oh, sweetie, this is such an INCREDIBLE post! SO MUCH LOVE AND GOODNESS HERE! First of all, re your speech 'problem'...my hope would be that you might find a different word to describe it. J has a stutter...that can flare up when he's tired or stressed or happy...or anything...but I've certainly never thought of it as a 'problem'...it's just part of who he is. What an amazing place your school sounds like. And the painting with your nephew...fabulous! I live with a golf nut, so the golf caps/course are familiar territory. ;) But the best part of this post for me? That photo of you wearing the lights...AND your brother's response. THAT is why my family doesn't read my blog...HA! :0