Wednesday, 9 January 2008

Birthday presents...

my birthday present...

Thank you for every wish...thought...song...blessing that came my way today.

I feel like a birthday girl...xx

These beautiful eyes belongs to a 5 year old boy with autism. He is 'my little one'...unfortunately...he does not communicate or socialise...and for us any 'reaction' or 'action' is a truimph.

He LOVES anybody's birthday. When we take out the pretend birthday cake...and the candles...he jumps up and down saying happy birthday, happy birthday. Today when we took out the birthday cake for me...and lit the candles...he was the only one standing and the next minute he started to SING Happy birthday to you...for me (I know it was only to get it over with to blow out to candles...to get a sweetie)...but for me it was really special. The other teachers got him to give me a sunnyl bunch of yellow flowers...he gave it...SMILED...leaned over me and blew out the candles! :-) I had to breathe...and swollow the tears..because there was other children as well.

The cherry on the cake? Just before I left, he said Happy Birthday Mrs Malan...I did not even know that he knew my name. *sniff****

The other part of my gifts...is my hubbie. When I opened my emails...there was one from his heart to mine...I only read 4 lines....I had to stop because the tears were streaming down my face. Just imagine the most beautiful, romantic, honest and heartfelt love letter you have ever read...magic...xx

For me words have always meant 'everything' to me...that is why your words truly speak to my heart.

Turning 33 is quite a 'boring' year as my brother just said...but it started with the miracle of my mamma feeling much better....magical words from M3's heart to mine....heartfelt thoughts and wishes from all of you...and then these blue eyes singing Happy Birthday to me...just to get a sweetie...with a smile!

It's 8.50...I'm off to bed...had a lovely dinner with M3 and some wine...(that's the reason for going to bed!), too much custard and hot fudge pudding...

I'm sure my day will end with more dreams coming true in dreamland!

Sweet dreams to all of you!

xx


10 comments:

caroline : my pocket said...

Hello :) Happy birthday, it sounds like you had a wonderful one! Such touching reading, I've worked with an autistic man and I remember those moments when there is the tiniest bit of connection - so precious! I'm happy to have found your blog, you write from the heart... Looking forward to seeing what you'll write in the year. :)

Leah said...

happy, happy birthday!!! i'm glad it was a sweet one!

christianne said...

Happy birthday, Periwinkle!! I'm so glad you had two such beautiful gifts for your heart today. You deserve all things beautiful and lovely in this upcoming year.

PixieDust said...

Happy Birthday, mi Amor... sweet dreams with flowers, huge crescent moons with angels peeking over the rim, with birds singing in trees of chocolate...

:-)

Love you!

Love,
Me

Joan said...

beautiful sister/friend...

I am sitting with a glass of wine, visiting the one who is like warm sunshine on a rainy and cloudy day.. (that would be YOU of course) and the eyes of that beautiful child just has the tears rolling down my cheeks.

My family thought my 'sam' was going to be autistic... thankfully after a very slow start, he is like a steam engine now :)
but even if he weren't, it would have mattered not.

There is nothing that can separate us from the love of a child, and what an incredible gift he gave to you today.

You beautiful Linni, all sunshine and light...

sweet dreams my dear birthday friend, you are so very loved...

terri said...

I KNEW it! You really are a great teacher. I now a little bit about autism so I can appreciate how amazing this is. Happy Birthday. Thanks for sharing the picture and the story. It's a gift to all of us.

~Red Tin Heart~ said...

Your birthday is only 1 day after mine. That is neat. I am so happy you had a great birthday. It touched my heart so much about your love for the little one...
We need more people who love with their whole heart, like you.
I am visiting you via Pixie's site.
Another sweet soul.
xoxo Nita

bella said...

happy birthday.
my breath deepened and my heart settled just reading this.
what a renewing, restorative day.
much love.

gem said...

happy, happy birthday, pERiwINKle! bless you in this new year of your life. may your year be creative & delicious & playful...
xoxo,
gem

Marilyn said...

Oh, 33's not a boring year at ALL! You'll see! (In numerology, 33 is a 'master number.') :) Sounds like a wonderful, sweet, touching, lovely birthday! Happy Birthday again, birthday-mate! xoxo