we went and bought ourselves B I C Y C L E S!!!!
For the past 5 years, every year, we went to the shop to buy them...and then we walk out...think we can spend the money wiser...and kept on dreaming...but today...we walked in....asked for advise...choose the ones we like...(and how does color play a roll with girls!)...and left WITH the bicycles.
In my dreams...I was riding a bright pink or bright red one...with flyers on the handles...and lights everywhere....and then there were no red or pink ones in stock. I just knew we had to buy them today...not tomorrow...today...and I chose a turquois bicycle...with the idea of adding the flyers later...it already have a little bright flickering light..
I always choose bright colors...it gives me confidence. My favourite color is orange...it makes me feel alive....with possibilities! When there were no red or pink bikes...I was thinking what now...and just went for the next bike that looked beautiful...and was wondering about the color thing...and in my mind...someone whisper..."you alone are strong enough...you don't need bright colors to accompany you...anymore''.
On our way back home, we went for lunch at a beautiful traditional English pub...and there we spoke about our hopes and fears for this year...we shared our dreams...talked about our love...about our seperate goals...and about us...
Tonight we went riding on our bicycles...(still have to give them names! any suggestions?)...and it was like being 10 years old again...we looked at each other...knowing that we can tick off one dream on our list....we smiled...and ride...and raced! like 10 year olds...or 12 or 15 or 30 something year olds! We laughed so much, I had to stop to breath...to race again!
And now I'm sitting here thinking it is the 6th day of the new year...and we are dreaming and living and making them come true!? Wondering what this year is going to throw upon us....
if we can get bicycles on the 6th day of the year...imagine what's going to happen on all the other days!!!!
xx
9 comments:
I laugh with you!! So glad you are able to fulfill a dream, to laugh & enjoy life with a child's unbridled enthusiasm ... imagine what might & could & will happen, starting 2008 this beautiful way.
enjoy your new bikes ... i'll be trying to think of some good names ... ;o)
What a great ride!!! It's so great to have someone to agree with your dreams and keep you company on the way.
I could almost imagine the wind in my hair as you described riding your new bike. Sounds like such fun and freedom. The new year is sure to be filled with many more moments like this.
That is so, so cool, Periwinkle. I laughed and smiled and felt exhilaration in my heart for you as I read this post.
Aha, and I saw your mention of the color orange, so reminiscent of your comment on Kirsten's blog earlier today (or was it yesterday?). That made me smile, too.
Ohhhh, what a wonderful gift to one another...
new bikes!!!
I can see your beautiful smile, and the breeze blowing in your hair, and a heart full of beautiful child-like glee...
what a truly wonderful thing to share with the one you love.
I am so, so happy for you... my heart is full to overflowing.
love you SO much!!!
joan
Such excitement - it's like racing the wind on a bicycle, yes? How fun, and I know you will accomplish great things - you already have...
(((HUGS))),
Love,
me
:-D
This made me smile all the way down to my toes.
And now I'm humming bicycle built for two.
:)
your bicycles sound wonderful ~ hold onto that glorious feeling ... it is too cold and icy here but soon the spring will come and my bike will come out of the garage and i too will zip down the streets, wind blowing :) xox
oh, this made me smile so wide, as I have this image of the two of you flying free and happy on your beautiful new bicycles....I am glad that you chose a bright and happy color...it sounds fantastic!!! xoxo
Post a Comment