Sunday, 10 February 2008

A little bit of everything...

I've been speaking to a friend tonight...about life...where we are as individuals...where we are going...and how to get out of where we are...to where we want to be...we were talking about how we sometimes allow the same cycles to continue...only because we want to do our best until the very end....then we were wondering how one can look at it objectively and 'just see the answers' when you are not so mingled into your situation....

then I started reading...for inspiration..and found this brilliant photo...and I was thinking...yes..that is what you do...but how? 

then I saw this beautiful piece of art...it's simplicity...and straightforwardness...reminded me of how life actually is...but we get so entangled with our 'inside spaghetti' (this fabulous description of our insides was written by the fabulous Penelope which I've found here).

We, as human beings, tend to make life much more complicated and difficult than it really is...thinking of Jen Ballantyne who asked one question which can change our lives....

"what would you do if you knew you had only 12 months left to live?"

(please visit Jen and give her some encouragement...or just some loving...Jen Lemen is also doing a few things to encourage Jen...please visit her site here).

I bought myself a new electrical toothbrush...and thinking about what to write about...and then all of sudden...looking at this toothbrush...i was thinking....

do you use the best toothbrush you know of for yourself? 
do you floss every day?
do you floss between the teeth in the back? 
do you brush every morning and night...maybe even in the afternoon? 
do you just brush...
or do you do it gently...
lovingly...
tending to it with care...
taking your time to work on every tooth? 
even when you don't feel like doing it? 

We can all look after our teeth...and here in blogland I think most of us do this quite well...but do you brush gently...taking care of YOU in the process? 

This is not about brushing your teeth. I guess you gathered that. 

This is about looking after your heart.
 
Are you looking after your heart? 

Just wondering...xx

8 comments:

terri said...

this is a beautiful reflection linni. i love the way your mind works and the gentle way you love others and yourself.

leonie.wise said...

what a thought-provoking question you pose here... am i looking after my heart? i need to really sit with this, as i think right now my answer would be NOT VERY WELL :(

also, your question leads me into wondering: am i looking after all the other parts of me - my physical health, my finances, my spirituality, my relationships. am i looking after those? this i need to sit and consider today also.

you come up with the most amazing stuff, and yes -like you- i believe that we attract that in our lives that we most need (or are vibrationally tuned into) at any point.

x

gem said...

thank you for the reminder, pERiwINKle. today i am looking after my heart...
big love,
gem

Joan said...

I love when I come here and you give me food for thought!!

This is a beautiful post, with all it's twists and turns... do you twist and turn your toothbrush?
I imagine we all do :)

And thank you for sharing Penelopes lovely art, she is an inspiration too!

love to you today dear friend.

caroline : my pocket said...

Thank you for the link to Jen's blog, that changed my day... I needed that. Now, hmm, do I look after my heart... I look after my heart in the sense that I am gentle, even during the times when I am not gentle. When I don't feel I am looking after myself, which isn't half as often anymore, I have patience with whatever part is not gentle. Ah, this is what I'm trying to say, I am gentle with the parts of me that are not gentle, that's what. I try to listen to all of it and mostly that leads me back to gentle. Hope that makes sense :) Much love to you, sweet one x

PixieDust said...

Jen's posts are so inspiring... as are you, mi Amor... with such gentle questions you encompass how we really need to take care of ourselves always...

(((HUGS))),
Love,
me

:-)

daisies said...

yes yes i do believe i am and more and more every day :) beautiful links sweet you, xo

Michelle (a.k.a. la vie en rose) said...

and the question you ended this post with can change our lives too...