Friday, 9 May 2008

2 questions*



I've been back in the 'sunny' UK for 4 days and life feels perfect!

The sun is shining! 
The birds are singing louder! 
The children are laughing harder! 
My heart feels lighter! 
My eyes are open and seeing! 

I've decided, that when my mind starts racing about all things yesterday and my soul starts dreaming bigger and wilder dreams...to just stop...breath...and think about what am I doing right this very minute. 

This minute is absolutely perfect. Just as it is. 

Together within this moment...
M3 returned home from Turkey,
I took an afternoon nap instead of doing the washing, (it was fabulous!) 
The sun was shining...it was actually HOT! 
I'm mezmorizing on memories made in Malaysia and Turkey...on which I still want to post photos...shortly! 
My sister and her husband are moving back to South Africa on Tuesday...

M3 came home tonight and watched The Bucket List on the plane. In the movie they say there are only 2 questions you have to answer in your life before you die...

1. Are other people happier because of you? 
2. Are you happy with your life? 

So, are you? 

8 comments:

Veronica said...

Interesting questions, I will have to find that movie and also try and figure out my answers.

I have just landed here for the first time and I like it! Im off to look around some more.
bye!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the positivity in your blog :o) It is absolutely refreshing, right down to the sunshine yellow background. Thank you!!! It is a joy to read about your life and outlook on it.

enchantedartist said...

Okay...I can feel you radiating all the way over here in my snow covered clime!!:)

I'm so happy that you are feeling this way Linni!

And sitting here with these two questions, I would have to answer with a resounding YES! on both counts.

Hope you and M3 have a great weekend...
xo

Anonymous said...

What a lovely dandi picture, first of all! Second, the bucket list questions are so like something from the Bhagavad Gita: you know the karma of an action is good when it is not just good for you but also somehow improves the lives of people around you. And from buddhism: is this act liberating me or imprisoning me, with the assumption that it has the same result for others. And, of course, Christianity: do unto others, love your enemy, etc. It is always so amazing to me how it all just, well, matches! It also gives me great hope for humanity -- that such disparate people from completely different times could come up with the same stuff.

PixieDust said...

I honestly cannot answer #1, though I would like to think at the very least my hubby and daughter are... #2? yes, I am...

:-)

So happy you have your honey home, and I've no doubt you can stop at any moment and reflect on the happiness in your life - YOU are a happiness in mine...

love you...

(((HUGS))),
Me

Jaime said...

Hmmmm....rather than try and answer, I would like to try and be aware of them as I go about my days, and keep asking myself these questions. Surely they will manifest the very best life has to offer!

Much love to you :)
xo

Anonymous said...

such beautiful questions. i love your openness and honesty.

1. i really do hope so
2. yes

thanks for the lovely phone message, i was away and i don't have your phone number so couldn't call you back.

sending you love
*leonie

madelyn said...

1. yess:)

2. need a teeny change to make in
this area:)

LOVE you post ~ oh those whirling
dervishes...
oh i love your post today:)