"Here comes your second change...take a deep breath, here comes your second change..."
Since reading this post about cleaning, I've been thinking and feeling differently about it. I used to think that it is great if people want to do it, I'll do it when it is needed, but there is a whole lot of living out there! (which does not include cleaning!) :-) Then whenever I clean or iron I think.. so this is what normal people do in their everyday life? I need to normalize.
M3 left Friday evening for 3 weeks to work in our beautiful South Africa. On Thursday evening at class it started feeling as if my internal balance is getting heavier and out of balance...I embraced it... and let it be...
Yesterday was one of those days...I had to literally do something to get my balance back. I decided to spring clean our house... from top to bottom. As I moved through every room I honored where we have been, the memories, the love, the life we are living! I came to the dining room and instantly felt this is my favorite room in the house.
(I was going to post photos of our living room, but for some reason, let's say the universe trying to tell me something), I could not post them. I've also been looking for photos of how our previous dining room looked and all the photos I came across were of empty rooms, taken on the day when we moved out. They spoke loud and clear to me: it's time to let go!
Recently I read a story about a man carrying all these bags of his life with him. He stopped to rest under a tree and when he moved on, he left all his bags right there. He said:
"For one thing, I found that I was always right where I wanted to be once I stopped making myself miserable for not being where I thought I should be. The truth is you don't need to be who you think you have to be. Therefore, you don't have to carry those things through life you think you need to make you that person.''
On Thursday evening we had to come up with a short term goal and write down the steps to get there. It can be as simple as cleaning the house to as wild as becoming a parachute jumper. (won't that be fun! Makes me giggly inside...imagine! :-) I've been having the idea for years to start sitting in stillness and just to listen... to meditate and to really hear what my heart and body has to say... I have not done this in the past out of fear... I would start... and after a few minutes get up, telling myself there is more exciting things to do! (Little did I know).
This photo was taken from the living room, with a 'view' of the dining room, the window in the back on the left is the kitchen. On the right is the entrance hall, another living room following on that and then our bedrooms. I loved sitting here and just looking at our home... appreciating every little thing. The glass candle flowers under the mirror used to remind me of myself... my softness and appreciation for life in the little things... I always burned them when friends came to visit in the evenings, to welcome them as they walked into our home...
She made this beautiful gift especially for me.
With the universe allowing me to upload this photo, I realised that I have what I need right here, right now. I have friends, even if it is only Sheila - she is an amazing woman to have as your friend. Whenever I'm with Sheila, I feel alive! and vibrant! and wanting to do so many things! I forget about everything in the past and we literally just live for this moment!
It's a joy to be with her! I feel blessed to have her as a friend.
I feel my love for this man... I know how he supports me, comforts me, make me laugh, protect me,
how he feels ME and every bit of my soul...I feel him and I know that he is the one constant in my life...
I'm greatful to have the next 3 weeks just for myself. To practice listening and listening to myself. It's funny how everything comes to you when you are open for it. This morning I read the following:
"Just listen for a moment. But when you do, I want you to try listening in a new way. I want you to listen with all of you to all of you. Listen as though every part of your mind and body is trying to hear something. Just be as open and attentive as you know how. Expect the unexpected." (from The Secret of letting go - Guy Finley)
11 comments:
What a lovely post you've written. I loved seeing pictures of your home - so beautiful! You're friend sounds amazing...and your wedding picture is gorgeous. I love cleaning - I love to clean and then sit and look at my clean house! It is very relaxing to me.
Speaking of the universe...Blogger just deleted version 1 of this comment. Sufficient to say that space is wonderful, and I'm so glad you have some. And your home looks like a great, peaceful place, full of you.
so sweet, linni . . . i loved getting glimpses in your home. the white couch syndrome . . . i love it.
So...so much gorgeousness here! That picture of you and M3 made me teary...there is nothing better than real, honest-to-goodness love, is there?
You home is lovely...and, I think that it is absolutely wonderful what you are doing with your three weeks...
I'm so looking forward to reading more of your self-discoveries.
Love to you...
xoxo
oh i loved this peek into your life and your heart and your home. i love listening to the way you string words together so passionately. it makes me want to live fully alive, if that makes any sense. i've been clearing out my home the last couple of days too. it's such a good feeling to unload all the extra stuff that's just sitting around making you feel cluttered. love to you linni!
so very sweet ... thanks for sharing these bits of you, your life and your spirit, xoxox
sniffle..
that was so sweet...
i love that picture of you and M3. I have a similar one of my hubby and me. :)
This post is so profound my dear Linni!
I love the man who leaves his bags behind... I need to do that more often and in so doing I shall be honoring my truth.
Thank you for that nugget of gold today.
Your home is so lovely... I smiled as Isaw each room, envisioning your laughter and your light there.
And no need to fear about the 'quiet'... listening to your heart and to your breathing, may it embrace you and have you loving yourself even more :)
love you so much my dear friend... so much.
xoxo
Your words just jumped right off the screen with all their energy and enthusiasm. What a charming and calming space you’ve created with M3. Great quote too. I will carry that with me tonight.
I love this post...so full of simple yet profound truths.
Your lovely home is so welcoming...it is an extension of your heart. I feel peace as I look at your rooms, so calming in their simplicity and light colors. That couch looks so comfy! Makes me want to lie down and sink in it and take a long afternoon nap.
xo
i loved reading this.
about cleaning, what it was to you, how it felt, the ways it grounds in moments.
and these pictures of your home give me glimpses into you. I love that too.
May you continue to listen yourself and hear there, find there, rest within, the truth and creative soul that speaks.
love to you.
Post a Comment