Wednesday, 20 August 2008

it's a kind of magic*

My beautiful friends, 

I planned to write a long and in detail post about how much each of your friendships mean to me...but just finished cleaning the house before we leave tomorrow for Cape Town. 

And got VERY exciting news tonite. Just heard that we can take Kellen home with us on Friday!!!! (freaking out!) 

We thought...in our minds....taking day for day...trusting the process.....:-) I fly out tomorrow, arrive in cpt on friday, go visit with Kellen every second day, and in two weeks we can bring him home with us. 

It was all still very unreal/surreal for us. Then tonite they phoned us and said to make preparations to bring him home with us on Friday.  I freaked out in a good way! 

Thank you for sitting with me, feeling, sharing, comforting, with me through this year. 

Your friendship mean made me feel valued and special. 

I treasure each one of you. 

Please keep contact, as I'll still try to post some photos, but having not been a mom yet, I do not know what this journey is going to be like! (being a teacher you think you know...) but I know nothing...just how to love!!! (which is pretty great!) 

I love you and thank you from the bottom of my heart! xx

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay :o) Congratulations. You are going to be such a good mom! Joy to you.
xox,
Linnea

enchantedartist said...

Okay....OMG!!!!!!!! My breath caught, and jaw dropped when I read this!!!!!! Linni you're a mommy...a mommy!!!!! So much love and congratulations flowing out to you tonight!!!

You are going to do great love...I know it. :)

xoxo

Anonymous said...

it is coming true!!!! what a dear momma you are going to be :) try to enjoy the not knowing it has it's own magic.
xoxoxoxoxoxo

Pen said...

i've only just 'met' you but already i know that you are going to be an amazing mama. you have such love, compassion and kindness: qualities that weave magic into life...
wishing you safe travels and look forward to seeing pics and stories of the new chapter in your lives unfold. xxx

littlebyrd said...

So happy for you! All you need to know is how to love and the rest takes care of itself. You will be a fantatstic mom!

di said...

You are going to be the best mommy and daddy EVER!!! love love love joy joy joy peace peace PEACE!

rejoicing with you at the top of my lungs and in the quietness of my heart....YAYYYYyyyyyyyesssss!

Anonymous said...

honey, i am holding you close to my heart. sending you loads and loads of love and hugs

xx

can't wait to see you again my friend and share in your wonderful amazing gift.

Erin Alaska said...

WooooooooooHooooooooooooo!!
You will do just a fantastic job.
:)

Anonymous said...

So, very terrific. Lots of wished of love and laughter in your new adventures as a mommy.

daisies said...

enjoy being a momma my beautiful friend ~ you are going to be fabulous because you have so much love and care inside of you ... hugging you from afar ... smooches beauty

thinking of you all, xoxox

Kirsten Michelle said...

i've never found the physical distance between us as difficult as i do in this moment...when i just want to hold you and support you so completely!!!
i'm thinking of you, you brave and beautiful mama ;-)
knowing with all my heart that everything you need to raise this little boy is absolutely within yours.
i'm right here...
call.
write.
i'm right here...
believing in you.
trusting the process.
xoxoxo

Maithri said...

WOOOOOHOOOOOOOO!!!!!

All my love, M

Anonymous said...

I was sitting here thinking about you, and how incredibly happy you must be at this moment....

and how happy I am for you!!

xoxo

christianne said...

WOW, LINNI!! I'm just getting here after slowly wading back into the blogging pool after a week away and jet lag . . . had no idea your world had completely turned upside-down since I'd last been here!!

I'm so, so happy for you and M3 and Kellen. What a beautiful family, full of so much love.