Saturday, 16 August 2008

there are no accidents*

kungfupandapic6.jpg

Do you feel the magic all around you? 

Isn't it funny how things happen in our life? 
How you wonder why this and that? 
And not that and this? 
How many times don't we ask WHY? 
Why not? 
But WHEN!? 

Just before the magical phone call from my friend, I received an email from a very dear friend. At the end of his email he said : "watch this movie and listen for the part "there are no accidents".

This past few weeks there has been many questions in my mind about all that is happening now, but watching this GREAT movie changed my questions into answers: 

1. there are no accidents = every thing happen for a specific reason in my life
2. B.E.L.I.E.V.E (listen for this...the best part for me in the movie)
3. I know the secret ingredient....do you? 
4. There are no secret ingredient = YOU are that secret ingredient

The whole movie is about protecting the scroll, in which the secret message is for the warrior. Eventually when Panda receive the scroll, he opens it up and it is empty.  All he can see in the scroll is his own reflection...on which his master tells him there are no secret message - you are it! 

It's all about self-love. Loving yourself with an open heart...

I'm reading 'women who run with the wolves' by Clarissa Pinkola Estes. 
"It means meeting one's own numinosity without fleeing, actively living with the wild nature in one's own way.  It means to be able to learn, to be able to stand what we know. It means to stand and live". 

"To take the world into one's arms and to act toward it in a soul-filled and soul-strengthening manner is a powerful act of wildish spirit." 

As there are 'no accidents' , I believe...words come to me on exactly the right moment...it confirms what I have been thinking about, something feeling and that just settles it, which make living in this moment so much more! 

I don't know what I'm trying to say...there is a million things going on at this minute, of which LIVING in the moment is most probably the biggest, as is the adoption and all the uncertainty of what must still happen, what can still happen, of dreams coming true, of hearts opening up and for others closing, for new adventures and new dreams... 

What brings me back to this moment? 
'There are no accidents"
B.E.L.I.E.V.E.
I(we)  are the secret ingredient/s

I'm just thinking...it is all about how you feel about yourself? I want to finish with this beautiful poem...which always brings me right back into this moment of truth. 

The time will come
when, with elation, 
you will greet yourself arriving
at your own door, in your own mirror, 
and each will smile at the other's welcome

and say, sit here. Eat.
You will love again the stranger who was yourself.
Give wine. Give bread. Give back your heart to itself, to the stranger who has love you

all your life, whom you ignored
for another, who knows you by heart.
Take down the love letters from the bookshelf,

the photographs, the desperate notes, 
peel your own image from the mirror.
Sit. Feast on your life. 
- Derek Walcott - 


9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi babe, just wanted to stop by and let you know that I am glad you find me funny and I make you laugh (she says blushing). I went pink when I got your comment girl, I know you meant it nicely but I am going to try and stop doing that - do I come across really ditzy online? Truth! By the way, I LOVE this post, these are the kinds of things that circle around in my brain trying to find a place to rest. Where I can try and make sense of it all, I do think there are no accidents. Hugs and luv to you Jen xxxx

liz elayne lamoreux said...

this is my favorite poem. it says everything really.

i love that movie and felt like it had an incredible message in the mdist of all the laughter and cute creatures.

i sometimes am overwhelmed by the level of connection between things...and i often think that when i feel that excitement, that knowing truth, that i am most centered on my path.

Sarah said...

Wow...I think God is trying to tell me something...this is at least the second time I've run into this poem, all within...a couple of weeks?

Anonymous said...

i love the word numinosity.

goodness what a poem! i am a little breathless with the thought of having my own self as companion for all of eternity. the truest of true best friend. which means more to me than words can convey.
care and love to you linni.
xo

Eileen W. said...

Hi Periwinkle,
I adored this movie, Kung Fu Panda- such a needed message. Have you seen Penelope? A bit kitschy, but similar in meaning.
Hugs to you on your adoption journey- our hearts are on similar paths.
xoxo
Eileen

Jaime said...

Feeling so much love for you as I watch your dreams materialize.

I too, love this poem. I read it not too long ago, but I can't remember where. I must write these things down before they are lost forever!

Feast on your life my dear friend, and enjoy every morsel.

xoxoxoxoxoxo

daisies said...

as soon as i have breathing time again, i am watching that movie ... that poem, sigh, one of my favourites :)

beautiful you, i am so excited for you, your journey, everything that is happening :)

you were right, the wedding shoot was amazing, perfect, the photos make my heart smile for them ~ we are in love with it all ... believe, yes.

i love you
xox

daisies said...

as soon as i have breathing time again, i am watching that movie ... that poem, sigh, one of my favourites :)

beautiful you, i am so excited for you, your journey, everything that is happening :)

you were right, the wedding shoot was amazing, perfect, the photos make my heart smile for them ~ we are in love with it all ... believe, yes.

i love you
xox

Bea said...

this poem is one of my favorites as well. it is collected with others i love in an orange book that lives near my bedside. also wanted to pop over to acknowledge what is unfolding for you, the anticipation of your new family addition. believe.