Thursday, 30 October 2008

gratitude*

The moment you have in your heart this extraordinary thing
called love and feel the depth, the delight, the ecstasy of it,
you will discover that for you the world is transformed.
- J. Krishnamurti
I've been wanting to write about what is going on in my heart for some time now. I've been reading and catching up with all of you...glowing in the beauty of dreams coming true, noticing how every one is living their lives each day. I've been thinking a lot about this, feeling most of the time that my writing is not worth....no! comparing myself with others who put in words their feelings in such a gentle, gorgeous, beautiful, inspiring way. Because of this silliness, I've been staying away from here, trying to live in the moment. Unfortunately for me, my mind is not 'connected' like that and eventhough i'm focussing on all the good things happening in my life, within me there is this sense of not knowing...in this stage, anything about myself! :-) heehee...:-)
I've been keeping myself busy with things I've moved past years ago...just for the connection. I've been practising being assertive, which is good, but on things I don't really care about. I've been pondering and wondering what am I going to do to sustain my own growth and development. M3 and I've been discussing and talking endlessly about going back to the UK or just staying here where we are. We've been going backwards and forwards, not moving at all. And I've been eating. :-) and watching the wind move through the trees, trying to stay balanced and here.
Coming back to this place...I always wonder when people write how they are 'thinking' of exiting blogland, why don't they just do it. Why write about it? Why don't we just press delete and get on with our lives? I've been wondering a lot lately about friendships and connection. Of the beauty of these words. The inspiration they give without knowing. I've been thinking how her journey woke up all the feelings I thought I dealt with a little bit over a year ago. I've been thinking of how silly and crazy and gorgeous she is, and how I would love to be just like her when I grow up! I've been thinking about Mccabe who's writing gave me the permission to just be who I am without judgement. I've been dreaming of writing like her and her . One day I want to be a photographer like her. And I want to be as soft and gentle to myself as this friend. I want to live with abundance as her poetry awakens my heart where it wants to burst with joy! I dream to be as strong and confidant as Swirly. She makes me want to be brave. Oh! And I want to be as soft and elegant and open like her. And through all this wanting to be, I forget who I am. (feel as if I have written about this in the past)! I can go on and on writing about each one of you...
So I would think instead of wanting to be, let me write who I am:
I'm a mommy! (the most amazing and exilarating and dreamy feeling you can feel).
but i'm still me - Linni. And this is where the empty space comes in...because eventhough a dream is coming true and this is all so amazing and happy! and scary! and wow! I still need to fill me up and I'm just lost! I've been trying so hard to live in the moment and be greatful for everything...knowing that in life happiness and sadness goes together. The one is not the one without the other. sigh* If I knew what I felt, I could have written pages...but I don't.
What I do know...
Is that I love watching the wind moving through the big, old trees outside my parents house...
I love feeling the sun on my arms and face!
I love that little cutie pie in the morning nestling on top of me with his face on mine...saying mama with a smile...or a cry!
I love the way he cries after his daddy in the morning (love that!)
I love how M3 phones to hear how our son is doing...
I adore how the two of them play in the bath!
I love jumping in the car, driving 4 minutes and being able to visit my friends.
I don't necessarily like living with 5 cats. (we are staying with my brother and his wife in their house...5 cats!)
but I love hearing all the footsteps on the old wooden floors...my brother hoo-hooing like an owl in the morning to say hello to Kellen...
I love to see how E has grown into a woman - trying to love herself without judgement.
I love watching the sisterhood between E and U, growing as they get to spend so much time together.
I love drinking tea admiring my mom's garden outside.
I love love love to go out into the garden to pick Inca Lilies for the house...
I miss talking for hours with M3 at night. (a bit tired..so we tend to sleep! teehee!)
I miss talking to you and you and you...
being in South Africa makes me feel thousands of kilometres further away from you...
'Happiness (gratitude) is not a matter of intensity but of balance, order, rhythm and harmony. (Thomas Merton)
I've been trying to find the balance in my new life...to dance to the rhythm of my heart. I think I miss the connection I had with all of you. Everyone of you and you and you...yes you! makes a difference in my life...you touch my heart in ways it has not been touched...you awake and stir things in my that I love being stirred...and I miss you! xx

9 comments:

gem said...

periwinkle,
just me. sending out a little wink across the atlantic and south. connecting. this post speaks to me as i am on the edge of new*ness & i am being invited to create in the new*ness (and, resisting it all sometimes...). sometimes feeling a bit disoriented. lost. confused. and, more. i keep hearing this little whisper: all that i need to do in any moment is show up...bring myself to it. i'm being gentle with myself as i flop around in this fresh world...in ways just like a wee one.
wishing you peace on the path,
gem

Anonymous said...

i've been waiting for you to return and tell us about yourself. what are thinking about, how you are feeling. like you said; there ares so many things that are different! it is good to hear/see/read about your journey to rekindle that grounded balanced feeling. how could you not have been off balance with so much going on that is good and scary a the same time? we are right here linni. thank you for your message about my photograph. it was kind of you to take the time.
peace dear girl.

liz elayne lamoreux said...

so much of what you have written here (so beautifully written here) has resonated with me. and i just want you to know that i am reading your words and seeing you.

blessings,
liz

enchantedartist said...

I understand all of this Linni...It makes me smile though to think of you living all this beauty that is your new life....:)


xoxo

daisies said...

honey, i have so much i want to say that i don't feel will fit into the box of this comment so am sending you an email ... right now :)

i love you, xoxo

Joan said...

you my beautiful sister are so loved, and so missed, and so cherished, and so appreciated, and so beautiful, and so giving, and so loving, and so selfless, and so incredibly tender hearted, and so generous with your love...

you are such a beautiful part of my life, and I love you so very much, and I want you to know that everything you wrote about, and all the inner doubts and questions... I have them too.

You my beautiful friend are not alone in this place, and not alone here in blogland either, and dearest Linni, you must know that you have such incredible gifts of the heart that you share with so many of us...

I wrestle all the time about not having anything worthy of sharing, so I don't... and then there are days and days where I am so busy, so embedded in my daily life that I do not 'visit' people for long spells of time, and that too makes me sad, and frustrated.

Please know I am here, hugging your spirit and holding your hand, and knowing exactly how you feel.

I love you so, so much :)
xoxo

kristen said...

"but i'm still me - Linni. And this is where the empty space comes in...because eventhough a dream is coming true and this is all so amazing and happy! and scary! and wow! I still need to fill me up and I'm just lost!"

this is ME. i wish i had the answers...
last night i was driving home & i felt this greatness hovering around me, as though my potential, who i am becoming is there, i just need to figure out how to embrace it.

i think this is true for you too.

thank you for coming by my place to visit - i lurk here and it was nice to see you there. xo

jenica said...

i love you just the way you are.

xoxo

Pen said...

what a beautiful post linni, and i i {feel} so much of what you wrote, as i have admired and compared myself to many of the amazing and wonderous women you linked to here.
but had i written a similar post, yours would be one of the names i would have linked to. i would have said how i wish i could love like her. with an open spirit, "dancing to the rhythm of her own heart"