While we were walking from the one side of this big empty space, to the other side, I saw this very delicate spiderweb hanging from a beam..and right at the bottom it was shaped like a little heart.
I took this photo over a year and half ago...and tonight, my life feels like this. In a good way.
This past year...
- we lived in a different country for 2 years....interesting = preparation
- within a week, without being on a waiting list, accepting our 'fate' as to not being able to have children, somebody phoned us on the Monday, the next Monday they met us and on the Tuesday they signed the most adorable little boy over to us....unreal
- we came back to our birth country to fetch our son and decided to stay, not even going back to get our belongings..we did everything over the phone....fantastic!
- we were first time parents....crazy!
- we lived with family for 8 months....super crazy but fabulous!
- we moved back into our house that we rented out for 2 years...absolute perfection
- I went back to my own business....drama
- went through a crazy time now with the poor economy and our business, that I thought was in trouble, is just going through a difficult period....realisation
- I had to protect myself...with lawyers....terrible...unreal!
- learning in depth what 'emotional intelligence' means...scary :-)
- learning so much about myself....head on...so hard!
- through all this, there is this cute little boy who calls me mama...and my heart crumbles and nothing else matters...
- the 3 of us...inseparable
- life happens - gratitude and absolute amazement!
These last few weeks were so hard...I told my husband 4 nights ago I don't feel equipped to manage a business going through a difficult time. It feels as if the staff are blaming me (and I just started working again on the 1st of June)...he just laughed and said but you have been doing it for 4 years before we left for the UK...
Looking at the photo...teehee...just had an interesting conversation with my husband about it...it feels as if i've been 'stretched thinly'...teehee...then he said what he sees is that our happiness depends on me being thinly stretched....(maybe i need to make time to breath)...but no, that is not it at all.
Looking at the photo:
at the top is life with all it aspects...
then it is the thin line...which represents that my heart and soul are very delicate right now, having to do and say and protect myself and my business from a financial point of view...and i'm so not the money person! :-) but i'm chancing that...'i love money. money is important. i have to pay myself first. everything comes to me easily and comfortably. Mantras...yummy! Calming me down in an instant! :-)
then you see the BIG full beautiful, gorgeous amazing heart at the bottom...which represents to me the 3 of us...in this moment...with all the other things strung on the thin long line, life is absolute perfection. My love for my husband and our little boy stretched way beyond any thing possible to describe....so big and wide and open and literally is my life. Us are my life. Love is my mantra. Everything else is just extras.
The other night I came across this passage which sums up life for me...thinking in terms of my family, being a mommy, a wife, a business woman...and all the other things as well...love is all there is.
When you work with love you draw others to you. Embrace this truth. The reason for this is that love is the highest vibration on earth. When you work with love people feel it, are helped by it and return to it. It’s a positive vibration that draws people naturally into its sphere. Those who love what they do reveal that love through their work, and others are drawn towards their energy. Because love is so attractive, it pulls to you what you need. Just let your honesty and integrity shine and be a blessing.- Nick Williams -
Love is life xx
What sentence describes life for you?
5 comments:
babe, this is all fantastic stuff and i love the way you share your realisations, the words you choose and the way you look at life...
the sentence for me right now is:
---
Have patience with everything that remains unsolved in your heart. Try to love the questions themselves, like locked rooms and like books written in a foreign language. Do not now look for the answers. They cannot now be given to you because you could not live them. It is a question of experiencing everything. At present you need to live the question. Perhaps you will gradually, without even noticing it, find yourself experiencing the answer, some distant day.
(Rilke)
xo
Oh, boy do I understand where you are! What a wonderful bit of enlightenment you have shared with the photo! Ab-soul-lutely amazing.
I have many little quotes that have touched me over the years. The most recent is on my email. It is a quote from Rumi. “Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I will meet you there.”
I love the idea that we can put all the "stuff" aside and meet in peace with others.
Much love to you and yours. YOU are amazing!
Hey, NONE of us are perfect? Sounds like you are doing a fantastic job. Love your quote...its a good one.
I've borrowed my quote from a friend and she uses this all the time, it's rubbed off on me...
Leap and the net will appear!
It is SO true!
xo
You are doing brilliantly, mi amor, I'm so happy to see you lovely mama--your son is so very beautiful and lucky. I have missed you... sorry I was away so long...
:-)
Love,
Me
i soaked up every word of this post! the description of your life right now (dauntingly happy and full), the photo you selected (so simple!) and the quote. i think i live out love in my work and it has rewarded me beyond what i could have asked for. i feel useful everyday, transported by hope and always, always compassion flowing in the room. i am very fortunate. yes indeed. i love this long and interesting post about your life linni :)
xo
Post a Comment