Tuesday, 11 December 2007

December Views #11

I'm missing home! My country! My people. I'm missing the blue skies....the sun! the sunsets! the sunrises! I'm missing our 'baby' and Mala & Sebastian...I'm missing their cuddles...their hello's and their excitement! I'm missing their being sooo happy to see us at the beginning and end of the day! I'm missing my 'children' in my school...I'm missing all the hugs...the friendships...the laughter..the rolling around on the ground with the children...I'm missing each of their perfect little personalities! I miss my two angel friends...I miss her understanding, her smile and her 'everything is going to be ok'...and I miss her laughter, her questions, her food, and her wise words...I'm missing the mess...the messing and the painting with our bodies! I'm missing the experiencing of it all...for the first time! I'm missing the going home feeling of "I've done my best for everyone today' feeling...I miss my life...here are a few glimpses into my missing! Blue skies...seaguls...Langebaan, South Africa
Sunset while fishing in Struisbaai, South Africa ~ January 2007

Near Ganzbaai & Hermanus, South Africa

Sunrise in Struisbaai, South Africa ~ January 2007

Fishing on Theewaterskloof dam, South Africa

Gordon...our 'baby'! xx

Our 'big baby'...taken in December 2006

No...this does not taste nice!!

my 'children' @ my school in Cape Town

7 comments:

KOSTAS said...

It continued with the photographs, you strengthen very good your blog.

PixieDust said...

I can see why you would miss such beauty and wonder... and the children are so adorable... they must miss you terribly as well...

Holding you close, even from way over here, while you miss what is dear to you...

Big (((HUGS))),
Love,
Me

Joan said...

Oh Lin,
I have a lump in my throat, and a tear in my eyes.

Your pictures of home are too beautiful for words... and the faces of those precious children.

Yes, I'm certain they are missing you too.

(((biggest hugs)))
love, joan

daisies said...

lump in my throat as well ... its a lot to miss isn't it, a lot of beauty and i can only imagine how much your spirit is also missed ... thank you for sharing! xox

Marilyn said...

Gorgeous photos! Gordon is priceless...and the photo of the kids is precious.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing these stunning photographs of your country! At times I miss home too(Malaysia) and I could definitely relate to your perfect post.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing these stunning photographs of your country! At times I miss home too(Malaysia) and I could definitely relate to your perfect post.