The beautiful Andrea has created/started a Mondo Beyondo....which is something I've decided to write when I feel ready for this...and if I want to...here it goes:
1. What do you want to acknowledge yourself for in regard to 2007?
(What did you create? What challenges did you face with courage and strength? What promises did you keep to yourself? What brave choices did you make? What are you proud of?)
I want to acknowledge myself for looking 2007 straight in the eye. I wrote my dreams down...and it happenend. We moved countries....I met new people, had to look for a new job after being self-employed for 5 years. I had to face my fear of insecurity and loving myself through the process of interviews...acknowledging that I know I have a speech problem and that is ok. I created a 'home' for us away from home. I was a wife and friend to my husband when he was struggling and together we have 'survived' 2007.
I promised myself that I'm going to be true to myself. In 2007 I learned that I can sit with every single feeling...and I learned that it sometimes is in my power to pull down the blanket from that feeling and start living again. In 2007 I learned to just be. I allowed myself to just be.
To leave all I know behind, and move away from everything that I know I am, was one of the brave things I've done, but braver than that was to just let everything be...if friends don't phone or write...just let it be.
2. What is there to grieve about 2007?(What was disappointing? What was scary? What was hard? What can you forgive yourself for?)
I grieve my life which I left back home. I grieve every little aspect of that...I grieve our home, having to leave our dogs there, I grieve leaving my school, the children, my friends, I grieve my life as I knew it.
I also grieve friendships that died...where I have moved on. I grieve that although it is still sad for me.... people change and that is ok.
I forgive myself for all the tears I cried. I forgive myself for not being grateful every day for all that I have and experience. I forgive myself for choosing to 'live' with my losses and sadness.
I forgive myself for not living in the moment...and for choosing to experiencing the sadness knowing that there has been many positives.
I grieve that 2007 was yet another childless year.
3. What else do you need to say about the year to declare it complete?
I declare 2007 DONE! Complete! Over! Gone! Thank you and good bye! Yay!!!!
My focus for 2008: If i may quote Richard in Eat Pray Love.."you should put your wishbone where your backbone is..."(and my part) and start living! Exactly what I'm going to do!
7 comments:
I related to some of what you grieved over last year...and I found myself thinking that there's such a delicate balance in allowing ourselves to feel whatever's coming up while forgiving ourselves for maybe in the moment not appreciating the goodness that was around us in the midst of the sadness (if that makes sense). Here's to sayonara 2007...and HELLO 2008! Hope it's a great year for you. Look forward to reading your part two.
Goodbye to bittersweet 2007.
Hello beautiful ray of sunshine!
I teared up at your losses, and can only imagine the difficulty of leaving your 'home' behind.
Especially a place that you loved, and embraced, and had woven your spirit into.
And Lynne?
You taught me something here...
you taught me that it is possible to 'just let it be'. And I applaud you for how extremely difficult that must have been for you.
That makes you incredibly brave, incredibly strong, and incredibly beautiful.
You are such a gorgeous light in my life, and I love to to tears.
May 2008 be the year you walk in blessings and great Joy.
love and hugs beautiful friend,joan
Hi there,
I wanted to thank you for your sweet comments on my blog. They were SUCH a blessing to me. I have another blog, but so many people in my real life read it that I found I couldn't be as honest as my heart needed. So I started this one to be able to talk more openly without fear. We'll see... I have so many things I want to write about, but there is a LOT of fear still that I need to overcome. I keep a journal where many of my thoughts are placed, but there's something powerful about writing it out publicly where others could possibly read... where rejection is possible, makes me stronger just thinking about it. I'm rambling, not even sure if I'm making sense. Anyway, I just wanted to say thanks, that's all. I'll have to bookmark your blog now and start getting to know you. :)
Thanks again,
C
i LOVE Richard from Texas! he-he-he. he is a wise soul, just like *you.
warmly,
gem
"To leave all I know behind, and move away from everything that I know I am, was one of the brave things I've done, but braver than that was to just let everything be...if friends don't phone or write...just let it be."
I relate to this so much...
and I am letting it be.
Thank you for this.
I want to keep reading all of your struggles and discoveries and keep saying: I relate to this and realize that we all make sense and we are not alone, we are here to support each other and learn, to illuminate the path and find common ground.
This is in my list now, for sure, keep learning from more kindred spirits.
Love that you have said bye-bye to sadness, to 2007 - love that you are embracing you... and you are so adorable who wouldn't...
;-)
Love to you and this wonderful steps forward!
(((HUGS))),
Love,
Me
This post really touched me. I am so looking forward to meeting you and talking about everything, so curious to get to know you! You have been so brave, so resilient, passionate :), kind and positive, you truly inspire me. Soon! :) xoxo
Post a Comment