
I've found this beautiful photo on photo friday and it just captured me...for all of its magnificance...
Writing a letter to a very dear friend this morning, awoke feelings within my heart of absolute magnificance...of a big, wild world...of possibility...of love from people we don't even know! Of people thinking about you...praying for you...keeping you 'safe' in the palm of their hands...and I felt overwhelmed with emotion for all that love!
Looking at the first photograph (from the same photographer) made me think of all of you...spread all over the world...some in cities...some in the countryside between trees and fields and snow and sunshine! Some talking to fairies...hugging trees...and some napping! talking! painting! but all of you living your life...as true to yourself as you can be....as you know how to be...but always finding the time to comfort, support and love your new friends...
All of us has taken risks...some big! some not so big...but for everyone of us the risk was to do it...whichever path we took...and it made me think of this...
Risk
To laugh is to risk appearing the fool
To weep is to risk appearing sentimental
To reach out to another it so risk involvement
To explore feeling is to risk exploring one's true self
To place your ideas, your dreams before a crowd is to risk their loss
To love is to risk not being loved in return
To live is to risk dying
To hope it to risk despair
To try is to risk failure
But risk must be taken because the greatest hazard in life is to risk nothing
The person who risks nothing, does nothing, has nothing and is nothing
They may avoid suffering and sorrow, but they cannot learn, change, grow, love or live
Chained by their certainties, they are slaves
They have forfeited their freedom
Only a person who risks is free...
xx

8 comments:
Oh, Linni, this is beautiful. No wonder I've given you a "You Make My Day" award...details are at my blog. I've participated in several blogging group projects over the years...but I have to say that there was truly something special about the December Views group. I met women doing that project that I feel so connected with...that it seems hard to believe that I've only met them so recently. Your post speaks powerfully to those kinds of connections. xoxo
Just the words I needed to hear today.
only a person who risks is free.
Breathing that in.
Thank-you.
so sweet to be thought of by *you.
xoxo,
gem
this is wonderful ~ very
magical and i say a resounding
YES!!! too:)
(hugs)
you know my heart, you know my fears, you know my dreams... you know the risks I've taken, and the risks ahead...
you know my pain, and you know child like need for love and acceptance...
and you embrace and love and nurture all of me... and for you, that was a risk.
I pray it will forever be a risk you are never sorry you took.
This post was so incredibly beautiful and moving.
I love you so much Lynne, you are my forever friend.
xoxoxo
Love everything you have to say... this post is beautiful, so all encompassing...
without risk no reward... what a risk we have all taken on this bloggy journey, yes? And what a reward we have found in our friendships...
Love you!!!
:-)
Oh yes, you speak straight to my heart. To risk nothing is to win nothing. Did you write that poem? It's beautiful and so true. xoxo
strengths spanning uganda navsari matches substance subsidence trivandrum imudon congress neway
lolikneri havaqatsu
Post a Comment