Tuesday, 12 February 2008

Home is where the heart is...

Bloubergstrand, Cape Town, South Africa

On Friday morning I will stand on the beach and look at Table Mountain.

I will thank God for...

opportunities to live abroad...

aeroplanes that can take us 'home'...

greatfulness...

for being alive...

for seeing such beauty....

for smelling our sea...

for hearing our seaguls...

for listening our wind blow...

for feeling our sun on my face...

for being with my brother...

and my friends....

for knowing the difference between where I am and where I want to be...

for knowing that I can choose...

for my strong sense of belonging...

for being positive in all circumstances...

for not adapting to change that well...

for learning and teaching me new lessons...

for teaching me about myself...

for showing me where I am...

for M3...

for sharing it with him...

for us...

for being alive! xx


13 comments:

Anonymous said...

i have been thinking about this saying so much lately... home is where the heart is... so what if your heart is in so many places and doesn't know where to plant itself to grow roots to become stronger? sigh. ;-)
this is a lovely post and photo..
have a wonderful time at home! xoxo

Michelle (a.k.a. la vie en rose) said...

oh these words...so beautiful...

DeLi said...

so true...i love the picture, its very tender and heart-full....and its alwasy lovely to be able to count blessings isn't it?

enchantedartist said...

Gorgeous photograph! You truly are blessed in so many ways...

Have a wonderful visit 'home'.


xx

Anonymous said...

Ohhh, are you really going home for a visit?

How incredibly wonderful!!!

I know you are going to spread love and warmth and joy with each smile and each step that you take...
and the thought of you amongst family and friends makes me so very happy for you indeed.

I can hardly wait to see photos and to hear lovely stories retold.

Bless you Linni...

all my love,
xoxoxo

terri said...

every time i stop by here i'm blessed by your wide open eyes and your joyful perspective. enjoy table mountain...and the beach...and your loves...and your heart.

bella said...

this is so expansive, so full, so wide and so true.
belonging. smelling the sea. friends. Yes to all of it.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for reminding me of what I am thankful for...and have a lovely, lovely time with all your loves...

xx00xx

daisies said...

how incredibly beautiful honey, xo

PixieDust said...

So beautiful... I will sit here a moment a revel in YOU...

(((HUGS))),
Love,
Me

caroline : my pocket said...

Oh, I wish all the best for your trip home honey. Breathe it all in and live it fully and perhaps it will bring you insights into your life here... Enjoy the warmth, the colours, the people, the smells, the food. Have a wonderful one :) xoxo

Marilyn said...

I hope you have a wonderful journey...

Maithri said...

I love this!

And im so excited that youre going home? Truly?

Love and power to you dear friend,

Be the light,

M