At a workshop on Saturday we had to create a poster with pictures/words explaining what we understand under our true self and our self concept. They gave us magazines, crayons, pens, glue...I was so excited. We were divided into groups and our group's end product was...
An empty glas on a white background in the middle of the page - no words or any other images directly around the glass...only white...With colors, words, images of what other people expect of us as human beings with words and pictures and loads of color. It really looked like too much.
Our message was...
We are born empty...born to our true self.
While growing up all the external influences can be drunk in...but you can choose which ones you keep and which ones you send back to the universe. (these are all our families, friends, the voices within us).
The white around the glass resembles our purity and honesty.
Only you know who you are.
Do you know who you are? xx
10 comments:
i love this :)
I'm slowly,but surely, learning who I am!
Ummmm....sort of? Slowly I am becoming less of a mystery to myself.
This is a wonderful post!
xoxo
just when i think i know who i am, i surprise myself with something new...some stone i never bothered to peek under. i'm a painting that never quite dries.
Ah, I love that Terri is a painting that never quite dries :)
For me? Some days I'm that wine glass... other days I am a very old glass milk bottle with scratches and memories and the painted words wearing off...
other days I am a fragile china teacup...
today?
LOL... well today I am feeling a bit like a papercup with a hole in the bottom!!!
Everything these past few days feels all so fleeting and not too much is being retained!
But that's okay, because on any given day I will be back to being an old ceramic water pitcher ready to pour out and share whatever I have been collecting :)
love you and miss you so dearly!
xoxo
Love this! The absence of definition gives a much clearer picture than any words or symbols could ever do. Sounds like a great workshop :)
I have always felt myself to be both unchanging and a shapeshifter.
There is the I Am. . .that has no words after it, resting in the fullness and emptiness of of raw presence.
And there is this full spectrum of possibility for living and expressing my essence. It comes like a kaleidescope, a mandala, changing color and manifesting itself different in every moment, as needed.
The expression of ourselves is one of the ways I think we connect to others, offer our love and gifts. For me, it is about not getting attached to any of those expressions, as if they are the true self or essence.
Thank-you for this thoughtful and creative sharing and question.
Powerful image, mi Amor... yes, we can choose, sometimes it is a little harder to move out of certain circumstances, but we certainly choose how they affect us - whether we will carry them with us so that they smother our will, or if we will run free!
(((HUGS))) to you!
Love,
Me
oh, fantastic.
brillant!
ooh, this is absolutely fabulous!
It gave me goosebumps!
how wonderful!
sorry I've been away - I've sent Caroline the dates though!!!!!!!
xo
Post a Comment