Wednesday, 25 June 2008

"Breathe into your heart, soften and open more with each breath."
(Unconditional love by Ed & Deb Shapiro) 

A very sweet (& wise) friend sent me an email..."before you give the power to someone else...more specifically somebody else...decide for yourself what it is YOU want".

The past few weeks I've been in awe of little dreams coming true...

*  seeing a field full of red poppies...
*  and a field full of white poppies...both of these along my drive to and from work
*  my sister and her husband feeling as if life has come full circle... being so happy! 
*  a dream of my brother, opening a shop selling things HE love, this weekend...
*  M3 seeing his parents and our families this weekend in Cape Town...
*  looking up at blue skies...
*  feeling the sun on my face...
*  picking up old books that changed my life, to re-affirm where I'm going...
*  making a decision after 8 years of thinking...
*  picking my mom up from the airport in 4 weeks...
*  going to Canada in 4 weeks...
*  seeing my dad...
*  loving every minute of my job...
*  having a new love for salads...
*  hosting a garden party (with a treasure hunt)...
*  loving photography...
*  connecting with friends over distances...magical...
*  knowing what I want...

This afternoon when I stopped in our driveway, got out of the car, I heard the tjirp-tjirp of birds... in front of our house is a Jasmine bush (love them!)  and pushing away the leaves, I saw a little mommy bird, with 2 little babies in the nest. They just stood there looking wide-eyed at me...

I realised how precious life is.  
I realised how privileged we are.  
I realised how much I have let go off. 
I realised how much I'm loved. 
I realised I feel loved... and treasured.
I realised I am content... and my heart feels soft. 

I bought these peonies over the weekend and they are so 'soft', every time I look at them it feels as if I can pick them up in both hands, hug them to my face and flower them all over me. 

The word 'soft' keeps coming up for me... it feels to me as if I am embracing life... 

Also, with reading my favorite books all at once, the beauty of the written word makes 'me' feel embraced...

" The fuzzy caterpillars which fell from their branches and crawled back up again taught single-mindedness".

" Rather than chairs and tables, I preferred the ground, trees, and caves, for in those places I felt I could lean against  the cheek of God". 

" If one completes the journey to one's heart, one will find oneself in the heart of everyone else". 
  (Father Thomas Keating) 

" Your heart is within you and from there will fill you with grace". 

"  Coming out of your mind is a way of giving yourself the spaciousness to be still, to touch deeper into your own      depths".

"To go out of your mind at least one a day is tremendously important. By going out of your mind you come to your senses!" (Alan Watts) 

I feel love. xx



10 comments:

daisies said...

you sound so happy and full and yes love ... it makes my heart smile to read these beautiful words of yours ... xoxox

enchantedartist said...

I just feel so overjoyed for you reading this...Loved? Oh yes, you are!!!

xoxo

Jaime said...

Love comes to you in all sorts of ways because you give love so freely.

There is such joy in this post!!

Love you
xo

Sarah said...

There's such joy in softness, isn't there...and it's totally different from the hard joy. Love you, and thanks for your sweet words to me lately.

littlebyrd said...

So much beauty in this post - loved every minute of it!

christianne said...

wow . . . what a stunning, elegant, beautiful post, linni. it's so soft, even in the reading of it. such a sweet story about the little birds you found. i love jasmine bushes, too (their scent totally intoxicates me). and those quotes settled over me like a quieting cloth. but you know what stood out to me the MOST in all this post? this line: "making a decision after 8 years of thinking." WOW!! obviously, i have no idea what this decision was or what it means to you, but just the fact that you thought on something for that long and finally made a decision about it . . . that is so worth celebrating, so i am celebrating YOU right now, sweet girl.

Anonymous said...

Hi Periwinkle,
I stumbled onto your blog via...I'm not sure who. This post moves me. It's great to sense a sort of spiritual neighbor in this huge blogosphere. I like the humility and gratitude that shines forth from your blog.

Joan said...

So much beauty and love and magic abounds here... I wonder if sunshine and moonbeams follow you wherever you go... oh, I know they do!!!

Linni I so love your Grace and Appreciation and Wonderment, and miss you so, so much!!!

Do you always wake up with fairy dust in your hair?

ps. little Sam and I had green eggs and ham today!!!

love you so much...

xoxo

Anonymous said...

i love the idea of hugging peonies! your story of the momma and baby bird make me sigh and then clap with delight. i wish i could see them too! you had a garden party how wonderful!! i have done this much more in the past than i ever manage now. i used to work full time and did so much more when i had so much less free time...how does that work? did you eat salads?? this is such an intriguing and rich post!
thank you!

Chloe said...

You hosted a garden party with a treasure hunt? Sounds like you are having lots of fun these days. Good for you!

I’m also glad to read that someone else out there has the urge to hug peonies. They are my absolute favorite, and I wait anxiously to collect my first bouquet of spring. My husband laughs at me because every time I walk past them I cup them in my hand and admire their softness.

And yes, we do have so much to be grateful and are so completely loved. Thank you for that reminder.