Tuesday, 3 June 2008

super sister-in-law*


When we honestly ask ourselves which person in our lives means the most to us, we often find that it is those who, instead of giving much advice, solutions, or cures, have chosen rather to share our pain and touch our wounds with a gentle and tender hand. The friend who can be silent with us in a moment of despair or confusion, who can stay with us in an hour of grief and bereavement, who can tolerate not knowing, not curing, not healing and face with us the reality of our powerlessness, that is a friend who cares. ~ Henri Nouwen

Thank you...to you and you and you...and to my 'super sussie' for reaching out, for not trying to fix it, but rather to share how you feel.  Your words have touched my heart, comforted my soul.  I once read that for every low there will be a high - after yesterday's post, it could not go any lower, and today, being back at work, talking with my colleagues, not joking or lying about my feelings, not being ashamed of admitting that it was a long and lonely week, not hiding the tears that were right there...

not deleting the post, not thinking it was silly to write it, not lying to myself, not trying to make everything ok, not talking myself into believing that I'm ok when I'm not...

sitting down tonight with M3, talking about EVERYTHING, him not trying to fix it, hearing how he feel, how I feel, how we feel, makes me breathing out with a sense of 'all is going to be ok'. (wise words of a friend in Cape Town.... whenever I went to talk with her, she will always end our conversations with 'all is going to be ok'). 

When I got home today and opened my email a display  of 'perfection' awaited me from my sister-in-law. She is my soul-connection, my heart-to-heart, my blood swooshing through my veins. She is a writer, a poet, an artist, a mommy, a reminder of 'connecting to your true-self right now'.  She is a breathe of fresh air. She is all the blues of the earth.  She is words. She is 'embrace' and she is 'love'. 













(Chantal is my sister-in-laws' name - how adorable and sweet
to paste in her name)



I would LOVE to write like Chantal, or Bella, or Denise or Jaime, or Darlene, but I'm a kindergarden teacher, I write and explain and draw simplistic. When I read the beautiful, sometimes poetic ways these beauties (and many others) write, I get this urge to go on a million courses to be able to write like that.  

So when I received this little book from Chantal, with a little note saying: "I apologise for the 'flash' on the pages, just see it as 'flashes of inspiration'  - it is absolute perfection. 

Tears were running down my face, that she sent me such absolute perfection, that she knew 'just' what to send, knowing that this little book will be enough, that she knew that 'a little children's book' will comfort my heart, is just absolute perfection. 

Sussie, 'i heart you'. 

that is all i can say. xx

* to every one of you who send me a note - thank you... you are included in this post as one of those that touched my heart xx

10 comments:

daisies said...

what a lovely book, it brought tears to my eyes ... we all get lonely in different ways inside and sometimes it is the simple comforts that are the best ...

i like the way you write ... on my fridge is a sheet of beautiful daisy wallpaper filled with words that make me smile, that remind me that i am loved and they were written by an angel :) xo

terri said...

your whole life is a poem, written across so many hearts, splashed in living color over miles of souls.

Anonymous said...

That book was just perfect.

enchantedartist said...

Oh wow! There is just so much that is truly lovely about this post...this wonderful book...you beautiful sister-in-law...the relationship the two of you have...

Dear Linni, so many times I have come here...finding comfort and a smile from you,and YOUR WORDS! You have a true poetic heart...

xo

littlebyrd said...

That book is just about the sweetest thing ever. What a wonderful gift. Good for you for plowing forward...with work, the post, life!

Jaime said...

This is so incredibly heart warming and sweet!
When I am feeling like a grey cloud is hovering overhead, I always turn to childlike things..they are simple, and nurturing. This lovely book is so beautiful!

You are so loved, dear Linni.

christianne said...

that is so sweet! awwww, i love this for you.

Chloe said...

It’s such a gift to be truly seen and heard…not fixed. Your sister-in-law is a blessing. What a perfect book. I wish someone had read that to me as a child, but even though they didn’t I can read it for myself now…along with you.

Anonymous said...

dear one you are not alone in your feelings.
thank you for being you! xoxo

Anonymous said...

i came in response to a lovely comment you made on my blog and i am very glad you let me know you are here! this is a wonderfully warm and open post. i will return to visit and if in some small way i can add to your sense of not being alone i will be glad.
your friend, bird tweet robin from down the road