in this photograph, the green balloon would be me.
the beach would be my playground, but there are no connections.
the white flag would be my friends in the blogging community.
the sea, or the ocean would be how wide and far and open my loneliness feels.
Your vision will become clear only when you can look into your own heart.
Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakens." ~ Carl Jung ~
i am vibrant! colorful! bright! alive! positive! sensitive! everywhere and no-where!
but it feels as if there is a dark cloud hanging over me.
I've been looking outside, dreaming of all the possibilities.
Possibilities of going back to our home, our friends and our family.
Possibilities right here in front of me which I see, but don't know how to reach.
I've been looking inside, a lot. Have I awaken? In some sense, yes.
but feeling the way i've been feeling the last year i would have to say no.
since moving here i've been trying to live in the moment, treasure everything and body around us, reach for our dreams of traveling, i've been noticing small and tiny things around me which i never had the time for back home.
i've been optimistic, happy, sad, crazy, overjoyed, under the weather.
i've felt extremely happy and extremely lonely!
i've been with myself for hours, which is nothing new, and i love doing that.
but it feels to me as if, little by little, my spirit is dying.
i know i have a thousand things to be greatful for.
i know we have family and friends around the world who loves and adores us.
i know i'm never alone with where i am, thank you to you.
i know i have the most awesome partner and husband in the world.
i know i'm here and in a few years from now, i will realise what it was that i was suppose to learn right now.
i know i'm healthy, and intelligent, and passionate about life, especially people.
but i also know that i have never ever felt so alone.
i live in front of my computer for the connection that is you.
i watch my email to be acknowledged that i'm alive.
i wait to hear that you know i'm here.
i've always thought this will never be me, because i know i have a choice.
i know i can get up and go visit someone.
i know i can get up and go walk in the common.
i know i can get up and paint and create and take photos and read and eat and gim and sing and see and appreciate and dream and live.
maybe it is the weather.
maybe it is me.
maybe it is loneliness.
maybe it is somebody else's fault.
maybe it is procrastination.
maybe i'm just tired...
of reaching out
of living in the moment
of trying!
of smiling
of seeking for reasons to be happy
of wanting to go back home
of pulling my inner strength from deep down below
of throwing my shoulders back,
knowing who i am,
knowing i've done everything humanly possible to make friends here
knowing that i am greatful and positive and happy and alive and living in the moment.
but in this moment,
i'm really lonely.
For me to admit to all of the above and to know that i'm sending this out to the universe, is not me.
i'm the one who always try to make things happen,
who will find something to do and be
to be truly happy in this moment.
i'm laying out my heart to all of you,
somewhere out there must be the 'aha' moment
but right now, we are here.
in hampshire.
with our lawn looking like a meadow and the birds singing outside.
“Oh man! There is no planet sun or star could hold you, if you but knew what you are.”~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
i know i'm someone that no sun or star can hold, but right now, i don't know how to live that.
i surrender.
14 comments:
linni, i can so relate to some of these feelings, of being a new land with my dear love but also being far from those i love back home . . . of being captivated in front of my computer, waiting for some validation from the blogoverse that i really do exist . . . of looking for opportunities right in front of me that i can't yet quite see.
you are a brave girl, linni, for speaking your truth, opening up to the truth that is inside of you, even when it is not easy to acknowledge. it is only through the truth that our spirits are set free, even through the pain of its acknowledgement.
you do matter. you do exist. there are so many who love you here, watching and waiting along with you for what will emerge from this place where you are.
love,
christianne
You are a brave...beautiful girl...
Thank you for sharing these feelings with us.
I can only imagine what a difficult struggle this has been, and continues to be for you...and I hope the answers come to you and M3 really soon.
It makes me sad to hear the loneliness in your words. I'm sending you all my heart and hugs to you dear Linni. It's probably a small comfort...but know you are being cheered on, and loved from afar.:)
xoxo
Sweet Linni,
*Hugs* to you beautiful girl.
You are such a brave & gorgeous soul. Thank you for allowing us to carry you through this difficult period...
Know that I will be sending out some very special prayers for you..
xoxo,
tammy
Hello Linni,,
I hear you friend - you are here. Sorry it's been a tough time. I only moved 1 hour away from where I grew up and it was still lonely many times - very hard for me to make friends, usually only 1 or 2 people I could call friends, and even then, would I pour my heart to them? Mostly not. It has taken years and now I have a few, mostly from having a kid and staying home = need to meet people! :)
Anyways, what I am saying is hang in there through the tough times for surely an easier time is not far off - really, truly. xoxo Rebekah
Discovering yourself is the best part of the journey, love. :) Relish it.
I see you.
In all of it.
The loneliness sometimes startles me, how I can be feeling really well and whole and alive and then I am overcome by how deep the loneliness is and feels. I wonder if this is something that every really changes or if we simply come to a level of comfort with it as part of being human.
I am all for surrender, giving in to what is happening in all its ups and downs, letting it go, this trying hard. Giving in to the loneliness itself. It makes nothing better, and yet it somehow transforms it all.
Know I am here, in my little corner of the world, and I am seeing you and I send you love.
oh honey ... you are such a beautiful person, such a beautiful friend, such a love ... am sending you love and care and warmth. and a big ol virtual hug!! xoxoxox
sweet linni,
I know exactly how you feel. Thanks so much for writing it out. Feeling it for us. My lonliness is crushing at times.
I did have a little ray of shinning light this week. A friend of mine from high school actually comes to Tampa to visit her friend from college every year. So she invited me on all the girl things, and hopefully in that friend, I have made a friend. :)
sometimes you take my breath away. wishing i could give you a big hug right now and sit with you knee to knee and talk and cry and laugh. i see you too. you're lovely.
Your honesty is beautiful and brave. You seem fearless to me. You aren't afraid to search, to ask for answers, to wait for them. I'm sending out a prayer to you. Keep holding on.
Linnea
I'm late coming to this but I wanted to comment here and tell you that I understand completely. I am so lonely - SO LONELY - so much of the time! It's hard to explain or to talk about but it is there...
SO looking forward to having you HERE NEXT WEEKEND!!!!!!!!
xo
Darling,
you have so often left me such beautiful words, such love and honor, and it always seems to be at the most perfect time.
When I had my son, and was home, not teaching any more, not surrounded by collegues and teenagers, I felt so much of what you speak of.
I still can feel this way, even with a group of wonderful friends I have now made here in my day to day life.
Blogging changed so much for me. Expressing myself openly, being heard, loved, cheered on, encouraged and listened to.
It awoke in me that spririt, and creativity that I had so long ignored amongst the buzyness of being a teacher.
It challenged me to integrate this being into my life here where I live, and with those I saw face to face so often.
I started to venture out going to tot classes, mommy groups book clubs. So often I felt even more alone when I failed to connect with the people there, I came to my blogging sisters to be assured and connected, and then kept trying.
Sometimes it was hard to keep reaching out when I already had a group online who got me. Sometimes I took months off from trying, but being open and loved felt so right that it just became more of who I am.
In time I did find people I could be connected with and could be open with, and then I had to adjust (and still am) to the reality of life making my group of friends sometimes unavailable-unlike blogging where there is almost always someone there.
So as I ramble on and on I realize this is so long.......but I hear you, I have been there and it seemed blogging made me so much more me, and that it deepened the feelings of loneliness in some ways but also opened me up to be me and form better connections in my day to day life.
You are right where you need to be love. Right where you need to be and you are vibrant, loving and special.
Keep being open......
XOXOXOXOXO
Dear, gorgeous, brave Linni, know that I am here also in my little corner of Oz, cheering you on. I think it is so very brave of you to move to a new country. Of course you would be lonely darling girl, you have left behind all your networks (apart from us bloggers). You know what though, we are all braver than we know, we just quite simply don't know how brave we are until we are tested. I know you will sort this out one way or another. Remember this too, brave comes in many different ways, not the least of which is being afraid and admitting it but also doing it anyway. True bravery. It is not brave if there isn't any fear or worry or lonliness or heartache or whatever else, attached to it. Take care darlin' and feel so very welcome to email me for a chat any time at all. Love and big, huge, friendly hugs all the way from Australia. Jen B xxxx
hi linni,
i only wish i had read this the day you had posted it. you are so brave to write these things that many of us are so afraid admit & share. i too live very far away from family & friends and often feel the same way. your lovely way of expressing yourself and courage to share your feelings is an inspiration.
i'm so happy for you that you have so many people who reached out to show you that you are loved and not really alone...only perhaps geographically challenged! ;-)
Post a Comment