Saturday, 31 May 2008

Istanbul*

Istanbul! 

Vibrant! 

Colorful! 

Noisy! 

People! 

Alive! 


Colorful buildings...everywhere! 



Fishing from the bridge...

Silver ware...

The Turkish people are very religious. 

Nougat! 

Spices! 

Every color you can imagine...
shelf on shelf on shelf! 

Every crafters' dream shop! :-) 

You walk hill up and down...little street up 
and little street down...you do no know where to look! 
It is overwhelming! Love it! 

They stock stacks of everything you can think of!
Those of you who love markets...you'll go crazy! 

I say 'fly little bird, fly!

Wher' you're going?

Breathtaking beautiful mosques 

Traditionally Turkish apple tea...
part of their culture is to sit and drink tea 
from these gorgeous little glasses

On the river cruise we passed a cemetery with
hearts everywhere! 

2 comments:

terri said...

you have an amazing eye, linni. i hope you can put together a book of your photography some day. i would certainly buy it! i absolutely loved every one of these images, but especially the little boy with the birds. astounding!

littlebyrd said...

These pictures are FABULOUS! I want to visit the markets - that looks like something I would enjoy doing. I feel like I just took a mini daydream vacation. Thanks!