Monday, 21 July 2008

54 days*


Sweet you,

 just back from my ‘whirlwind-dreams-coming-true’ week, with a moment to breath… and connect…i was going to write you an email, but what i want to say is my epiphany, my ‘accepting of the preparation for this very minute’.

this past year, living in another country, feeling lonely…. you know all that I felt through out this year… you journeyed with me…

In retrospection :-) today and this past week only… I’ve realised that (for me) God prepared me in every way possible for this past week. He used this year, in a different country, where I pitied and sulked and cried and felt so utterly lonely and deprived of friendships and family - He used this year to prepare me to go within, to look at myself with open eyes, no secrets to hide, no giggling to protect, no walls of protection, no people to misguide/mislead me to ‘be busy’ with other things, He used this year to help me to look at myself with an open heart, at every little and big detail about myself, to accept those I didn’t want to, and to embrace those parts of me that I was too scared to look at.

I did not know any of this before last week… before Monday, the 7th of June, I was searching for me, for my future, for where I want to go, what I want to be, who I want to be, and how and where and when… all the same emotions you are feeling. The big search for you don’t even know what. All you know is that you want to know, but it is as if and when you think about ‘what I want to do and become’… it just stop. There is this huge space…. and it just stop.

It brought me back to the here and now. It brought me back to living in the present,to reaching within and embrace all of who I am. It taught me to breath… to put my feet softly down - to ground myself. I feel grounded. I feel connected to myself. I feel my heart beating with every second that passes through me. I feel me, which is in normal circumstances totally not the me I used to know.

All the uncertainty channelled me towards my heart and soul. I know now that I am me.

Right now, at this moment, all we have to do is to trust the process… trust the process… trust the process….

So sweet friend, all that I just said here is my own epiphany of myself and my life, of what happened for me this past year, to where I am this very minute.

I embrace all of you… your uncertainty, your sadness, your not knowing, your fears, your excitement, your heart, your soul and YOU.

I trust your feelings, I trust your emotions, I trust your dreams, I trust in YOU. I trust the process.

Love you xx

This was my note on my friends last post, which is exactly how I feel... since Saturday a few not so new feelings were added. Just reading about a beautiful woman's journey and the very difficult road she is on, I was wondering where this road is heading/leading/going...I get all excited! to just think about the past, and then imagining just what exciting things lie ahead... especially with the magic in our lives at this very minute. 

I've come to realise these past few weeks that we don't have any control over our life. We have the power, which is love, to live it as full as we possibly and humanly can, through love. My sister-in-law did a angel reading for me last weekend when we were in CT and the first card I pulled was 'power'. She told me to imagine a cap over my shoulders... with a torch in my hand, which I'm holding up and there is this bright light shining from the torch. Then she asked me to close my eyes, to imagine holding the torch and asked me how I felt. 

I felt uncomfortable... I don't like being in such a position... on which she said two things... (1) control is fear-based...(2) power is all love! God shines through us, into our hearts and the light is the love from within us and God. 

Instantly I knew the feeling I had was fear based, knowing that my heart is overflowing with LOVE! Specifically these past few days, whenever I start to feel as if I'm 'freaking out' (best description :-), I focus on my power within, trusting the process and the fear subside. 

For me this has been a lesson in letting go, in trusting, and loving with an open heart! I am excited with the possibilities.. .I'm thinking... If I just think about what already happened in my life in the past few years, I'm over the moon to think what can happen in the next few...my heart just open even more! 

5 years ago when our 2nd attempt for IVF failed I went to church. The pastor was talking to the teenagers and I still thought wrong night. No message for me. I decided when they all get up to sing, I'm just going to disappear. Even before that, all of sudden, the pastor turn to my side of the church and said: 

"You, you who are angry with God, sit." 

Silently I sat down... and listened :0) 

That night God spoke directly to me and said through Phillippians 1 verse 6: "being confident of this very thing that he who has begun a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ".

I've carried this verse in my heart all these years. Whenever I doubt our purpose of being parents, I would grasp for this verse and embrace it. I want to say I think God is working with the good in us.. and all these years He prepared us for what is coming...'' and what is coming is GOOD! 

So, what have you been carrying in your heart for so many years? xx

 

12 comments:

Sarah said...

Wow, oh, wow, oh wow! Linni, I've missed so much. I'm so very excited for you guys (my brother is an international adoption and these stories make me so happy!).

And what a cutie he is! Linni, you're a mama!

bella said...

control versus power.
fear versus love.
This is so interesting, provocative.
And it resonates with me.
i get this and know this, though I've not heard it put this way before.
Here's to claiming our power, living from our love, letting go of the control that was never ours to begin with.
i love you, love you, love you.

Maithri said...

Every time I think of you lately dear friend...

My heart just swells with happiness...

For the coming joy...

For the coming joy...

Love and light that streams like starlight into your life,

Maithri

Maithri said...

PS right now im listening to Enyas storms in africa on a loop... i know you'd love it

Anonymous said...

thanks for another loving and challenging post of your most heart felt thoughts and feelings linni. i do so appreciate the passion of your journey.

daisies said...

i so cannot wait to see you and give you the biggest hug ever :)

in your journey, i see how much of yourself you are finding and how much of life you are realizing, yes ~ we cannot control everything or even most of anything but we can control our love and how we react and how we choose to be :) i love you, xo

Anonymous said...

Linni, you are so STRONG right now. i can feel it through your words! It makes me so happy!

I don't know what I'm carrying in my heart right now, but I'm enjoying watching yours open.

xoxoxo

di said...

that picture is so good, smack dab in the middle of the road...like where you are now smack dab in the center - you have shared this story with me before linni, and now it is bearing something new for you and i could not be happier nor could there be someone more deserving of this blessing. still praising God and rejoicing with you!!!

enchantedartist said...

Oh, I have found this so overwhelming to read!! Trusting the process...letting go of trying to control things that we just can't...and where this has led you...to your BABY!!

Enjoy your time in Alberta Linni!! I only wish I could make it up to visit with you too....

xoxo

Jaime said...

Sweet Linni...you are on so many different journeys right now! Some of them are to places around the world, some are to places within your heart.

Wherever you go, wherever you end up, will be the right place for you.

Lots of love as you set sail my dear friend.

Anonymous said...

sending love right back to you dear beautiful one. i wish for you all that you need to get you to where you dream of being. xxxooooo

Anonymous said...

Ek het jou raakgelees by Eilandkind. Hoop al jou drome oor die pragtige seuntjie word waar. Sal weer hier kom kuier. (uit sonnige Suid-Afrika)