
Star light, star bright,
The first star I see tonight,
I wish I may,
I wish I might,
Have the wish I wish tonight!
Wishes do come true...
and when they come true, you have such a fright,
never in your life have you thought that it might actually come true!
So be careful for what you wish for...:-) they might just come true!
M3 and I are visiting my parents in Slave Lake, Canada for a few weeks in preparation of parenthood. What are we expecting to happen? We have no idea! We are trusting the process, taking just one day at a time. Just one day... even though your heart gets an extra beat when you think about it all... it's calming down time... living in the present...only need to feel today...right now... thinking about that... my family are all still fast asleep.
M3 and my dad went quadbiking yesterday for 120km's, came back dusted and sunburned! I giggled when I saw M3, he looked like a little school boy with only his eyes recognisiable. We had the most beautiful sunny days. Today is a bit more clouded...which makes me think of time to slow down... and just relish in the memories and thoughts of what is to come!
On Wednesday we are leaving for Jasper National Park as well as Lake Louise and Banff for about 10 days. M3 has never been in Canada and I wish I could capture the awe in his expression as he nourish and breathe in the beauty of Alberta!
Something that makes me really excited is that I'll be meeting this gorgeous photographer & poet! (It amazes me how small our world are.. her parents live in the same town mine does.) Not even to talk about being in the same country as she is... just 2.5 hours away. Just thinking...I'm waiting for the thunderstorm today... to imagine her racing on her bicycle through the rain!
A fun thing for me to do when arriving on an airport is to see which destinations are on the board for arrivals and depatures.... imagining myself jetting off to that place! While waiting for my mom on Heathrow Airport Thursday morning, I imagined returning from New York, Seattle, Toronto, Portland, San Francisco, Peru, (just to name a few).. and instantly realised that our lives are changing as from 2 weeks ago with this little blessing coming into our lives! I remember thinking great! we'll just to postpone our plans for a few years! Promising myself that we will inspire this little boy (and all our other children - this is just the beginning) to pursue their dreams... of which travel will be one! Seeing how M3 's face lit up being in a different country, embodied that dream and realisation that we have to live our lifes in a way that we can show our children how to embrace life to the fullest! Whichever road you take, whichever dream you dream!
I'm in a very exciting and content phase in my life at this very moment. Since living for this very minute, right now, my life have become more simple, and livable, and i love every minute of it! It is freeing not dwelling on the past, not thinking of the future, to just be in this moment. Along with this also comes an awareness of huge changes that are going to occur, life changing, financial changes... but none of this scares me as I know that what is happening and where we are, is exactly where we are meant to be. I want to get all excited with joy and anticipation of what is to come, but pulling me back to right now, makes me aware that I'm aware of my own feelings of things that I might loose, which is challenged with the magnitude of what are going to gain.
It's funny how you think about things and as soon as you want to write it down, you think about every word you write.
This morning I went to read how my friend is doing... and what is going on in her life. When opening her blog, I saw a beautiful photo of a star and the heading is wish upon a star, wishes do come true... I was going to post to her to really wish, because they do come true! She named the star 'Kellen's star'! wish made the tears well to my eyes and goosebumps all over my body... thank you my friend, for keeping our dream alive! xx
Wish upon a star! Come on! I dare you! xx
11 comments:
dearest linni! I'm so excited for you! So MANY wonderful things lay ahead for you, and I know that you are navigating them with a smile and a wish!
i'm so glad to hear that you are in such a beautiful emotional state and so looking forward to the coming weeks.
I'm also sooo jealous that you get to see dar. The two of you are top on my list of deamy blog dates!! :)You will have such a great time!
trusting the process, those are words i've come to embrace deeply and hearing them from you now gives them even more meaning. living in the moment with great expectancy, breathing out the challenges to make room for what needs space to breathe. i am just so thrilled for you, m3 & kellen. soon to occur and for now enjoy the unfrozen tundra of canadian summer. soak in the beauty with your beau. LIFE IS GOOD!
***so excited for you as i remember the anticipation during my adoption wait...
it was a little different in that the baby was placed with me at birth but his birth mom had 45 days to take him back...13 years later i can still feel the INCREDIBLE excitement mixed with the very real fear that this baby that i held and loved and cared for, was not "completely mine".
i have to be honest and say at times it was unbearable...but i took it one day at a time and sometimes i could only take it one breath at a time! i just had to throw up my hands and trust in God's plan for my family, for this sweet boy that i loved so much already, and especially for his birth family.
i am here to support you and carry you through all the scary moments, the happy moments, and the "oh my gosh, i'm freaking out" moments! most of all i'm here praying for you, M3, Kellen, and his birth family.
xoxo
tammy
Dear beautiful Linni,
what an incredible time in your life all of this is, and we are honored and humbled that you have chosen to share it all with us bloggy girls.
I picture you and M3 in beautiful Canada and I smile broadly at the opportunity to see your beloved family, to embrace new adventures, and to be able to spend time with our dear, dear Dar. Please hug her hugely for me and be certain to take photos of all your wonderful coming and going... we wouldn't miss it for the world!
I love you so very, very much (but you already know that!)
And I thank you for never giving up hope and for always believing... I shall wish upon a star and think of you every single time I do.
xoxoxo
to think you are roaming around the land where i grew up :) and you are touring around my province, how very wonderful it all is that you are here before going home to start your family, makes my heart smile.
and i can't wait to see you and hug you and talk with you ... excitement!!! : )
xoxox
Oh, you get to go to Banff...one of my most favourite places on earth. I spent many childhood days in the Rockies.
I wish Vancouver Island was closer to where you are. How I would love to meet you too!!
Some day.
Have a wonderful time while you are here, sweetie!
xoxo
So happy for you, lovely. I've never been to Canada, but it sounds like a blast. Here's to wide open spaces in your heart ;)
May the stars fall softly at your feet.... and light your way towards the brightest one of all...your own little boy,
My love to you,
M
thinking of you, and these adventures of yours and this grand journey you are on.
so much love.
Oh I am sure you and M3 are having the time of your lives! I can only imagine the anticipation you are feeling...travelling here...all the while knowing that your baby is waiting for you across the world. (I'd be bursting! :)
I am wishing you and M3 much love and joy!!
Have fun visiting with Dar...you lucky girl....
xo
Post a Comment