Sunday, 21 June 2009

every day is 'father's day' here*

What is a daddy? 
What does daddy's do? 
Why do we have a daddy? 
Do they love us? 
Why? 


This photo was taken right after Kellen was signed over to us in court. We went to the flat to have some 'Kentucky'.  When we walked in, Kellen ran over to M3 to share his lollypop with him.  Here Marcel shared a piece of his heart with Kellen listening to every single word his daddy is telling him...the only daddy he has ever known. I love the intensity in Kellen's eyes and mouth...I asked Marcel afterwards what he told Kellen on which he said 'i told him that dreams come true!' On which Kellen replied: 'Yes, i know..but can we get back to the lollie!'
 
M3 just got off the plane from the UK this specific August morning.  It's the second time he saw Kellen, the first was when he met us.  Marcel laid down to sleep and Kellen went to snuggle up to him, not yet ready to share a blanket, but right there beside his daddy...heart to heart. 

L.O.V.E  pure, honest, from the heart loving...

One Saturday i went out with some friends and Kellen stayed home with his daddy.  I came home to a very happy little boy who was potty training and drawing!! How amazing! The daddy? He was there..soooo laidback, calm, relaxed, drawing...he said he thought Kellen should try new ways of drawing...teehee. 

Today, on this very first 'father's day' we painted. Daddy was the 'painting'...teehee...we stayed in our pj's the whole day, ate whatever we felt like and daddy watched cricket...while painting..and playing and loving his son.  It's moments like these in the photo, that I treasure...the overflowing love for his son is within his closed eyes...the soft kiss on his ear...in every little and big way he interacts with his son. He is such an amazing daddy. 
I have to quote Rebekah on this..
The best part, hands down, of being a mom...is watching Marcel be a dad.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh my goodness, honey! You just brought me to WONDERFUL tears! What a great post!
xoxoxoxoxo

PixieDust said...

Now that is a daddy!!! Paint all over his face, the love between father and son is just bursting from the photos - Happy Father's Day M3!

Big (((HUGS))) to you, mi Amor - enjoy the men in your life!!!

:-)

Love,
Me

enchantedartist said...

heee...heeee....So cute! It is wonderful how hands'on your hubby is. I love seeing how wonderful things are going for you...and your family...:-)

xoxo

Joan said...

Hello my beautiful sister...

I love your new 'green', I love your open way of sharing, I love your family, but mostly I love you and that heart that just seems way too big to be contained by one little beautiful female body.

I will try my best to play catch up and see all the wonderous places you've been :)

Thank you for part 1, and please know I joyfully await part 2.

Next? We need to have one of those wonderful phone conversations where I can just sit and listen to the beauty of your voice and the beating of your heart.
I LOVE YOU!!!
xoxoxo