Tuesday, 21 July 2009

a full circle moment*


At this precise moment, with Kellen running ahead of us, stopping, looking around, laughing, calling 'come mama, come papa'... I looked over to M3, my heart exploding with joy and realized, this here, right now is a full circle moment for me! 

About 11 years ago, M3 and myself went away for a weekend. We were engaged at that stage and we stayed in Simons' Town for the weekend, playing golf and having delicious meals in town, being young and silly! :-) 

During our stay there we went to Boulder's Beach to look at the penguins.  Being oh! so very much in love with this man, we dreamed together of 'one day' when we have children to come show them the penguins, laughing and talking about what their reactions were going to be, not knowing at that stage that we were going to wait 9 years for our little boy.  
During the long wait, you forget about all the dreams that you had for your little ones.  You pray and hope, but never dare to dream about the dreams of when they are there. It hurts too much. 

Giggle* at this stage we had to protect the penguin, cause Kellen held his hand out and said: 'Come Penguin, bite me'  He (the penguin) just duck down and ran! 

Having a little boy, so full of heart and life! is the most amazing feeling, the most amazing experience I have ever had.  Hearing him laughing, calling me 'mama', realising that I've dreamed of this precise moment before, truly makes my heart go round and round.  

When last have you had a full circle moment? Cause they come in moments...that moment when you think...'aahhh...but i've been here...i know this feeling?' Do you dare to dream? 

Ummon addressed the assembly and said, “I am not asking you about the days before the 15th of the month.  But what about after the 15th? Come and give me a word about those days.”  And he himself gave the answer for them:  Every day is a good day.” – Blue Cliff Record, case 6 (from Momma Zen, Karen Maezen Miller). 

Every day is a good day!

5 comments:

PixieDust said...

I have many of these moments with my daughter, every time she smiles I feel my world brighten, and I'm carried away to a wonderful place in heaven. I know how you feel, mi Amor, it is huge, it is wonderful, scary, and priceless!!!!

Love to you and Kellen... I hope someday to give you both a big a hug, until then-

(((HUGS)))!

:-)

Love,
Me

Marilyn said...

OHMYGOD, I knew I'd fallen by the wayside over the last year in terms of keeping up with blogs...but to read that you have a son now...and have had him for a year! I'm so HAPPY for you, birthday-mate! Look forward to reading here again and seeing how this new chapter in your lives unfolds. Blessings. xo

Sandra said...

Ek loer gereeld op jou blog in - hoop dis ok as ek Afrikaans skryf. My kinders nou groot en nogsteeds kry mens daai gevoel van "dis hoe dit moes wees".

Sandra said...

My epos adres is:
uitentuis2001atyahoodotcom

Mooi dag

Anonymous said...

this just made me swoon!!!!

What an AMAZING moment!