Thursday, 4 February 2010

this moment* - a letter

his 3rd birthday, Wednesday, 3 February 2010

My beautiful boy,
When I lit the candles, your eyes fluttered open...you looked at me...
smiled and sat up to see what is going on.
From waking up, to smiling to resting your sleepy face on your hand,
to kisses and cuddles and the excitement of a little boy's birthday...
this was the moment I felt like your mommy...
the moment i knew you were mine...
the moment nothing else mattered and it was only the 3 of us and the joy of
YOU.
It is the moment in which I captured and embraced gratitude...
for you...
for us...
for a family...
the joy of
your laughter and giggles and a million questions...
the warmth when you ask me if I have missed you when I pick
you up...
the way you smile and cup my face in your tiny hands.
Happy birthday my boy,
who is 'only 3 tiny years old'...teehee....

I love you,

Mamma xx




3 comments:

Rev. Linda said...

The photo you captured is so beautiful. Happy Birthday to your son and to you as a Mother. What a gift you have given the world!

kateri said...

Three!!!

I love what you wrote...hope you have it on paper, tucked away for him...

xoxo

Jaime said...

Oh Happy Birthday sweet Kellen!!!
Did you blow out all the candles in one big breath?
3 is such a sweet age...make sure you write down all the funny things he says this year!
xo