Sunday, 24 February 2008

We have to help*

I've stumbled upon this generous, beautiful soul who reminds me time and again that I'm not put on this earth for me, but to serve and help other. 

I believe that each of us are traveling on our our journey to self discovery, which is great and much needed to be the full, radiant loving person we all are, but every now and again, we get reminded that it is not about us.  This world is much bigger than you and me. 

Maithri gave these two sites which are great. Small changes that can make a big difference...for instance buying a bucket of water for $20 in Rwanda..or where ever in the world you choose.  I told my family that instead of buying gifts, we can donate money to this organisation. Just imagine getting a card in the post for your birthday, saying somebody bought a bucket of water for a family in Rwanda. Won't you feel so small and so big at the same time. You are providing a family with water...something we take for granted every day. And by doing something so small as clicking on the site (which is for free), we provide funds for food. 

Please have a look at The Hunger Site.  You will get lost! 

Another site that is really FUN! and challenging your own skills is the Free Rice site,where for every word you get right, they donate 20g of rice through the UN World Food Program to help end world hunger.  It's fun, it's challenging and it's for a good cause. 

I challenge each of you beautiful people to peek in there, and visit regularly.  

Like Maithtri say...we can make a difference! We just have to! xx

3 comments:

Maithri said...

How'd I miss this one ;)

You're the best Linni. Just the best, Your compassion, your light... You amaze me!


Sending you my love,

M

terri said...

hi my sweet, beautiful, little sister!

i visited these sites and was blown away. got to increase my vocabulary and give away some rice all at once. win~win. you just make me smile!

Anonymous said...

Linni, after visiting you here late a few nights ago, I stayed up even later playing Free Rice until I'd donated 1,000 grains.It's very addictive!