Thursday, 21 February 2008

women friendships*

Tania 

Tania & Katrine

Katrine

Tania, me & Katrine 
(i'm quite tired...breakfast @ 6h45am - 
not a morning person)
I love this photo of us...katrine's softness, 
love and compassion

Tania, Katrine & me
These two beautiful friends were with me 
every single day for 4 years...

I dedicate this poem to my friends...
Tania, Katrine, Gisela, Daniela, Elizma, 
Ane, Berne, Beth, Elnette, Chantal, Corne

I love that..

they cried with me, 
laughed with me,
told me things I knew,
things I did not want to hear, 
things I already knew.

They comforted me, 
scolded me, 
loved me, 
left me alone when I needed some space.

They were always there. 

They taught me about life, 
about love, 
about myself, 
they taught me patience, 
and how to be kind to myself,
how to love me for me. 

They helped me understand my family better, 
understand myself better, 
understand people better. 

They told me when I needed to slow down, 
make time for myself, 
for friendships, 
when I retreated within myself. 

They were always there. 

They taught me how to breathe, 
one breath at a time...
holding my hand. 

They smiled with me, 
smiled at me. 
They cried with me. 

They made me angry, 
at myself, 
which helped me grow.

They were always there. 

Their calmness and assertiveness 
made me smile and cry at the same time. 

They are
lovable, 
kind, 
honest, 
soft, 
funny, 
confident, 
strong and 
beautiful. 

They are human. 
They are my friends,
they know everything about me. 
They know things of me I don't know, 
and for that I love them. 

I love them for their honesty, 
the calmness & havoc they bring to my life. 
I love that they are my teachers, 
my confidents, 
my shoulder to cry on, 
the person I can phone to just talk...
and say goodbye. 

They are always there. 

I love them for their love, 
for their wisdom, 
their patience, 
their energy, 
their passion for life. 

I love them for 
their sadness, 
their scaredness, 
their honesty about life and themselves. 

I love them for their imperfections, 
their fears, 
their anger. 

I love that they share, 
and cry, and wipe the tears to laugh, 
I love that they are in my life, 
I love that they are in my heart, 
I love and treasure them. 

I love that they are here. 

xx

PS: we need to make play dates for photoshoots...xx
 



 

8 comments:

kristen said...

thank you for your comment today, the counting...it's nice to know you're counting too.

enjoy your time home, there's nothing quite like it.

enchantedartist said...

What a beautiful time it looks like you are having(had?not sure if you're back.)

There is nothing like having treasured friends in your life...

Hope your heart is happy!

xx

meghan said...

what a gorgeous tribute and beautiful pictures. Friendships like that are a true treasure. I'm so glad you have been blessed with them!!

xo

PixieDust said...

This is what it is all about, yes? As women coming together, standing, laughing, crying together. This post is so inspiring, mi Amor, and my heart is singing that you were reunited with these lovelies. The gentleness radiates - as does your love for them...


(((HUGS))),
Love,
Me

PixieDust said...

Ooops, forgot to mention that I tagged you for a meme. Details are on my blog.

:-)

daisies said...

what a perfectly beautiful poem and these photos, pure beautiul laughing warm magic :) they made my heart smile which reached my eyes and turned my lips upwards .. xox

Maithri said...

This makes my heart smile,

love, M

caroline : my pocket said...

You look so beautiful together, beautiful souls. Shoulders to lean on, ears to whisper in. So happy for you and the time you had x