At the touch of love everyone becomes a poet.
Plato
It's a funny place where I am at.
Where is that? you ask.
I wish I knew.
In this book by Dr. John F Demartini says that if you can be grateful for every thing in your life, you will be happy. A teacher told him: 'If there is a day in your life that you cannot be grateful for, it's wise to go back and look at that day from a different perspective, with different eyes until you see its purpose with a feeling of gratitude. Otherwise, you will carry that day into tomorrow. You will never be able to be fully present tomorrow because you will still be stuck in that day'.
He goes on to say you should take every single memorie/day you haven't been grateful for and ask, 'how did it serve me and others?' Everything you cannot be grateful for, becomes baggage. (ouch!) The more ingratitude people accumulate in their life, the more they are stuck in the past, and that, in turn, creates fears of the future and guilt of the past and prevents them from being inspired and present.
Go back through your life and write thank you notes to everyone involved, and that includes you.
Start a gratitude journal.
If you read my previous post, you would know that I'm a bit lost inbetween...myself?:-) I am grateful for every day and every little tiny detail happening in my life...but still it is not enough. I want more.
Coming back to what Dr. Demartini wrote - what do you think? Are we grateful for every tiny detail, not grateful enough to move past it? Or am I selfish to want more from this life?
Saying that, I'm thinking but go out and get it! Do it! Take that one tiny step to what you want and just do it! Stop talking and thinking, and do it!
I have to create what I want?
What would that little step be for me?
:-) Do something that is something.
I am listening to the Parlotones' 'Interlude' and the song starts with 'the impossible is born'....
When we got the call asking us if we would be interested to adopt the cutest little boy ever!, this was the first song I heard in the car on the way to work. 'THE IMPOSSIBLE IS BORN'
How have we not long for this call! This moment that our dream of 8 years would be that one little step closer...and the impossible is born....I think it is the same with any dream...take that one little step...and the impossible is born - the possiblity that your dream can/will come true...
Just writing all this opens my heart and I feel so exctremely grateful and in awe. In awe of this beautiful little boy, that God chose us! That is even more miraculous...it was an answer on my prayer...I remember telling M3 that even if this adoption does not work out in our favor, I will still be grateful, because with God choosing us first for this little boy, I felt relieve that there is nothing wrong with us, that we are good enough to be parents. (Whenever in the ups and downs of infertility - you question God, wanting to know if there is something wrong with you that you cannot have children...) the relieve came through the thought that we are the chosen ones for him...
This post is filled with many thoughts...and there are lots where this came from, but for today I'm satisfied. (is that the word?) Satisfied? frowning...yes, for today I'm satisfied...
that I am here.
I am exactly where I need to be.
the impossible is born...not knowing where i am...
or going...
but then again...i don't need to be anywhere else,
than exactly right here, on this page, in this moment.
sigh* gratefulness....i don't need much to be filled up!
So, today I want to ask you:
Have you taken that one little step?
be brave...cause that one little step....make the impossible being born!
I promise. xx
4 comments:
this post really inspires me, especially the first part about being grateful, eep!
i know that this makes for a good life - finding good and gratitude with everything. it's the little things that really do count and i like the idea of being accountable...yes.
it's very easy to feel hopeful and excited now that there is change here in the states - my first order of gratitude.
Dear beautiful Linni,
I so want to respond to this post in earnest, and i will, as soon as I can gather myself together from our recent election here.
I am forever changed, and yes, I am determining to take one little step every single day.
I love you so very much... kiss that beautiful SON of YOURS for me!!!
xoxoxo
hi linni - it's been awhile. :o)
mmm ... such thoughtfulness here, and wisdom that i resist. i think that sometimes i am so set on what i believe i want that i cannot open my hands with gratitude to what i already have.
thank you for being brave.
Happy Saturday my beautiful friend,
I just want you to know you are with me in spirit today!!
As I wander out into the world with my beautiful 16 year old son this morning, I am going to make sure I... skip down the sidewalk, turn up my face to the lightly falling rain, put change in everyone's parking meters, and smile warmly at every single stranger I meet...
because you will be in my heart reminding me that we have so much to be grateful for, simply because we can take a good look at who and what we are, and be truly satisfied!
I love you so very much!!!
xoxo
Post a Comment